cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling clothing as single item or in lots?

I just recently came into about 70 pieces of womans clothing.  Mostly dresses and blouses in great condition.  Mostly from department not like Walmart or Target.  Would it be better to list as single items or list like items together in lots of say 5 or 6 or maybe even more?  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Selling clothing as single item or in lots?

Hi!  It really depends: are they all NWT or the brands "hot" marketable brands? I sell clothes and list all seperately, however, if they don't sell then I put together lots of the same size and try to sell that way.

What are the brands and styles?  And what department store?  Macy's?  Kohls?  or What?  

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They are used.  Items include Elle, By Design, Croft & Barrow, Apt 9, etc.  I don't the department store or styles.  I don't know much about fashion.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The brands you mention are fairly low end.  You might want to launder them, sort them by size - check their condition, toss anything with fatal flaws like unremovable stains/holes/tears, and list them in lots.

Check out some of the sold listings for lots to get an idea of how to group, present, and list your things.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, yea I figured they were low end from the searches I've done on eBay.  I recieved them from a good friend of mine and they are all in emaculate condition.  Thank you for your input.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@bilsbargainswrote:

Thanks, yea I figured they were low end from the searches I've done on eBay.  I recieved them from a good friend of mine and they are all in emaculate condition.  Thank you for your input.

@bilsbargains

What size is the clothing?   Misses sizes (usually 4-18 or so) or Plus sizes (1X,2X, 3X)?   I've sold some women's clothing and find the Plus-sized items are an easier sell than "regular" ones. 

If they are Plus-sized items, I wouldn't necessarily sell them in bundled lots.   I've found they sell well on their own.   But be prepared -- eBay is over-saturated with clothing and clothing sellers.  It may take a while for you to work through your stash.  I have some items that have been up for more than a year, then just when I am ready to throw in the towel they'll find a buyer.   Go figure.  😉

Good luck!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

They are all petite / small. Stretchy, above the knee dresses. Most I would say are dinner dresses. Nice blouses. Yea I see there's a lot of sellers for clothing which is why I wasn't sure about listing in lots or single items. Maybe I will do the items that 'stand out' in single items and the less boring ones in lots?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@bilsbargainswrote:
They are all petite / small. Stretchy, above the knee dresses. Most I would say are dinner dresses. Nice blouses. Yea I see there's a lot of sellers for clothing which is why I wasn't sure about listing in lots or single items. Maybe I will do the items that 'stand out' in single items and the less boring ones in lots?

@bilsbargains   

Petites often do okay as statistically they are harder to find than "regular" sizes.

Not trying to be offensive, but you might want to have someone of the "female persuasion" help you with the listing these as you admit it's not your wheelhouse.   What you may think are "stand outs" may not be from a woman's perspective which is important since women will be your primary target customer.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! And I didn't take that offensive at all. 🙂 I appreciate everyone's help.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply