cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling after auction has ended with no bids.

I have a buyer that reached out to me about an item I had listed that did not sell. She asked if she could buy it from me directly and pick it up. Since it has not been relisted, would this be against eBay's policies.  Our correspondence  is going through messages  on eBay. I don't want to get in trouble with eBay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are DEFINITELY NOT ALLOWED to do that. Tell the buyer you will 'relist' it as a 'buy it now, immediate payment' with 'local pickup' (no shipping)- then you will need to scan when it's picked up. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@sarah-anna wrote:

I have a buyer that reached out to me about an item I had listed that did not sell. She asked if she could buy it from me directly and pick it up. Since it has not been relisted, would this be against eBay's policies.  Our correspondence  is going through messages  on eBay. I don't want to get in trouble with eBay.

It is against eBay to use eBay to facilitate an off-eBay sale. 

And I think you know that you should simply relist the item on eBay for prospective buyer to purchase. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The next message you get from her, respond with, "Sorry, you're breaking up, I can't understand a word you're saying."

Message 4 of 4
latest reply