cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers of xbox 360 slim's beware, buyers are removing the hard drives, then start a (nad) return

I sell video game consoles and games as well as other things on eBay. In the past two weeks I have had two buyers buy xbox 360 slim consoles with hard drives, remove the hard drives, then take a picture of the hard drive utilities screen showing that the only device listed is the 4GB of flash memory that is on the mother board. Then they want to start a (nad) return. The first one, I offered the customer a partial refund just to keep from going through the return hassle. The second one is still in the works, I'm going to be very interested to see if the hard drive is still in the unit when I receive it. I have pictures of the hard drive in the unit, but it probably won't do me any good as far as eBay is concerned. They are ruling for the buyer in almost all cases. Either way, I am going to be out my shipping, and who knows what else. I sold it with 10 games, and I'm in doubt if I get the same good 10 games back or if so what kind of shape they will be in.  I cannot continue to lose money using eBay as a selling platform. It's time eBay stepped up and provided a way to arbitrate these disputes, and get rid of the scammers!!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sellers of xbox 360 slim's beware, buyers are removing the hard drives, then start a (nad) retu

Sorry for your issues but you are selling in a problematic category as you now know.  

Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Sellers of xbox 360 slim's beware, buyers are removing the hard drives, then start a (nad) retu

You still have the option to report a buyer, just as a general heads up to eBay. If more sellers do so, the scam buyers will be stopped. Of course that won't stop the trend, but it helps make eBay aware of it with real examples.

https://www.ebay.com/help/Selling/Working_With_Buyers/Report_an_issue_with_a_buyer?id=4084

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sorry for your issues but you are selling in a problematic category as you now know.  

So advice would be for sellers NOT to sell in "problematic" categories or it is somhow their own fault the category is known to be full of scammers?   I would respectfully suggest, that the list of problematic categories is growing by the day, and that is not a solution of any  real consequence.    

Perhaps it is time for eBay to take care of this issue as opposed waiting until they read it on ECB or other media sites and doing 'damage control."   

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Report the buyer.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply