cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller blocked buyer then buyer used 2 other ids to keep purchasing

I blocked a buyer from purchasing more after she returned 3 items for reason "changed mind".  She then uses her husbands id to purchaser another one and returns that one as well.  I sent a message saying "I would rather you not  purchase anymore of my items because I cant afford to pay the return shipping fee when she just changes her mind,.  Return shipping label fees is the the Sellers responsibility.  She then uses her brothers id to purchase another.  I am waiting for her or her brother I should say to receive this one and waiting to see if she returns this one too,  She left 3 negative feedback because she was mad that I had blocked her and her husbands accounts.  Ebay removed all 3 of them.  I am tired of fighting these negatives from her.  She just will not stop.  Is there anything I can do legally to stop this women.  I am willing to take this to filing a legal action if need be.  I am just not sure what avenue to take here.  She will not give up and move on .  I dont want her business.  She seems to be obsessed with returning things. No one wants to do business with a buyer that is "return happy". Any advice would be appreciated much.  Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I cant afford to pay the return shipping fee when she just changes her mind,. Return shipping label fees is the the Sellers responsibility.

You chose to offer free returns for "changed mind" purchases. You are not required to do that.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Just block every account she uses.

Consider making your items non-returnable if you can afford to discourage most high maintenance buyers.

You are selling merchandise which draws high maintenance buyers. I eliminated all categories which draw such buyers because I am not hungry enough to deal with them willingly.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I cant afford to pay the return shipping fee when she just changes her mind,. Return shipping label fees is the the Sellers responsibility.

You chose to offer free returns for "changed mind" purchases. You are not required to do that.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Making the items non-returnable will just cause the buyer to return it for another reason. 

She will eventually get the entire family banned. It just takes time. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I had a similar problem a few years back. eBay said there was really nothing I could do, but cancel any purchases I may suspect that this buyer made. They explained that I should choose "issue with address" as the reason so I would not receive a defect. Then block them.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi kobiboy33, sorry that is happening. 

This sounds, in multiple ways, a buyer in clear violation of eBay's Abusive Buyer Policy. You should report this buyer, as well as I would also get on the chat/contact eBay customer service and let them know you have a buyer who is circumventing a block by using multiple accounts, and causing more issues with your account via negative retaliatory feedback, etc. We had a similar situation once, and after reporting them and chatting with eBay citing this policy, never heard from that buyer again. Hopefully can offer you the same outcome. 

Here is the policy link (see bullet points in "Additional Information"), wishing you all the best in this situation, 
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

In each of the transactions, go to the orders and report the buyer. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Cancelling all sales that are going to her city is the answer. 

"Issue with address" as the reason. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Elephant in the room question: how do you know the other IDs belong(ed) to her husband and brother(s)?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Already knew 1 of the ids was her husband. It is very easy in this day and age to look someone up on the internet.  I found this most resent purchase to be the brothers id, looked up his name and found he was related to her and her husband.  Both of Their names were under related to:   and there is only 21 miles difference in their addresses.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@kobiboy33 

Circumventing the block is a violation and sellers can cancel those sales and report the buyer:

bbl-cancel.png

When you report a buyer there is no specific reporting selection for buyers circumventing blocks. I usually select a reason that ties to why I blocked them in the first place, even if it's not an exact match, or go with 'demanding something not included in the listing' since that's most closely related to buyer demanding to make a purchase when their ID is blocked. There are real people reading these reports so it's fine if the reason code is a bit off. Once you drill down and select a reason the comment box will appear where you can explain why you're reporting them.

I put ID [id # 1] on blocked list, buyer attempting to circumvent block with new ID [id #2]. Did not find a specific circumventing a block selection under the report flow so I selected the option that most closely fit the situation.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You are required to give a refund for "ANY reason" if you are a TRS.  Top Rated Seller

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

How can a seller make an item "non-returnable"? Doesn't that violate the terms of the eBay Money Back Guarantee?  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply