cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Dashboard complaint

I am beside myself angry with ebay right now over being docked, times two, on my shipping time. I went out of town, turned on my vacation store settings, as I thought would be necessary, and came back to find out I'd received two notches for items being "shipped late." WTH??? I had on my store vacation setting with dates I would be gone, I messaged the buyers to inform them that I was out of town and when I would be returning, yet I still get two late shipments? I called ebay and was told that no matter if vacation settings were on or not, they wouldn't consider removing the late shipments as, out of town or not, I didn't "meet" my shipment obligations stated in listing. Hello?! I was out of town, WITH vacation settings on entire storefront and still got dinged? Isn't that part of the reason to enable vacation settings to start with? I am livid that I have worked so hard, jump through all of the hoops set before me in order to be an ebay seller, only to be docked for doing exactly as I thought I should do. So, in summary, if you are a seller, figure out how to protect yourself from unnecessary dings to your seller dashboard.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When you are on vacation, you have to HIDE all your listings so nobody can buy. Or you can simply change the handling time to reflect an extended shipping time.

You forgot.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ad204c6ba1a964e5268fd75c377b47af

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Or just adjust the price on all your listings. Just tack on another $200.00 if you want to keep them listed.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There are two vacation settings.  In order to protect yourself from late shipment dings, you have to choose the one that blocks your listings from view completely.  This has always been the case with the vacation option, it is not new. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Vacation settings are very handy but would work so much better if ebay would make it clear how they work.  We have complained for years that sellers using this feature are not being made aware of this pitfall, but as you see, they choose to leave out this important detail in their directives.   All it would take is a concise sentence or two in a key spot to make this clear.  A pop up on that screen shot above might work well.   Then if a seller isgnores, it's on them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply