cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most relevant reviews routing buyers to other sellers.

Most relevant reviews

Referring to the new most relevant reviews section at the bottom of the page of some items.  The reviews shown also include the seller's name for which the review was done, it shows this way: "Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New |  Sold by jacktheripper."  It also shows the 5 big yellow stars at the upper left side of the review.

The problem is not only the review tempts the buyer scrolling down your page to search for jacktheripper rather than staying in you page.  After all, jack shows a 5 stars and a great review while your name is not even among the 12 reviews.  This is similar to a seller including a link outside of EBay which of course is against policy and the listing gets removed.

Is a simple thing to do EBay!  Keep the reviews which are great to promote and entice the buyer to hit the buy now button, but pleaaaase remove the other sellers name from it.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@joe4fl

There was just another thread the other day about this same thing. Take a look here starting with the OP and specifically posts #5 thru #19.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/OMG-Are-you-kidding-me-eBay/td-p/25623508

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What annoys me is when I take the time to write a careful review and include photos, eBay doesn't even put it with the Relevant Reviews. It gets ignored. Why do I waste my time?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply