cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell item

I am a new eBay seller. I just placed my first sell for $4200 staring bid price. EBay will not let me list the item as it is over $1000. They want me to build my personal selling of 10 items first then I can sell my item at $4200 starting auction bid price. This makes no sense to me. Need help?

Ron

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Sell item

https://sellerschool.ebay.com/

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

New sellers have rules and limits.  Starting out selling a high price item can get your account restricted, as Ebay will ask you to provide receipts as to how you came to own this item.  This is to protect the community from fraud and possible stolen merchandise.  You may need to start here:

https://sellerschool.ebay.com/

Learn the rules and read Ebay policies.  Good luck. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Be thankful, it is for your protection.   I have two accounts, one for buying one for selling was the idea but it didn't work out that way.  I decided to sell on the newer account as well. 

And I found that for sure- New accounts with no previous sales are scammer magnets!   

Messages wanting you to text for shipping and payment, wanting to know why it hasn't shipped yet (well it is not paid for) claims of already making payment (when they had not), ship it then they will pay...Paying but then wanting me to change the ship to address manually to something else....wanting to pay "extra" if I will go get them itunes cards..... crazy stuff.

There is a steep learning curve when selling and if you screw up, it is a lot better to do so on an item that is inexpensive and weighs very little.   (A negligible amount you can afford to loose)   

The shipping part is also a steep learning curve. 

Start small, figure out how it works, get taken a few times (it happens) THEN decide if you want to list a 4200.00 item.    

When your new, there is also a delay in when they pay out your money, another reason to start small.  

And....most folks will not purchase a 4200.00 item from a newbie seller figuring the seller is the scam.

Be thankful, those limits are for your protection.   

Message 18 of 18
latest reply