cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell item

Afte I sell an item and it’s set up for buyer to pay shipping what do I do wait for them to pay you or do they send you a barcode or something for you to ship it 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Sell item

Buyer pays then eBay tells you it is ok to ship item and then you can purchase label with address eBay gives you 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE do some more reading about selling on eBay.  

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@joslass_79 wrote:

Afte I sell an item and it’s set up for buyer to pay shipping what do I do wait for them to pay you or do they send you a barcode or something for you to ship it 

What in the world are you selling? I am looking at your listing for 'home decor And More' and I cannot figure out what you think you are selling.

Your listing has to be for a specific item that you show clear photos of. You describe what it is and how big it is and whatever other details are relevant. I read your listing and it is just all over the place and your photos are just showing random items.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Based on your listings, you'll more than likely want to watch some getting started videos on youtube. There are a lot of great content creators who have even greater videos for noobies so take advantage!

To answer your question, once you get the notification that the seller has paid for the product + shipping, you will be able to purchase a label without any warnings or anything telling you to wait.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@joslass_79 wrote:

What in the world are you selling? I am looking at your listing for 'home decor And More' and I cannot figure out what you think you are selling.

Your listing has to be for a specific item that you show clear photos of. You describe what it is and how big it is and whatever other details are relevant. I read your listing and it is just all over the place and your photos are just showing random items.

Just wait until someone purchases it and expect every.single. item. in the listing-all those pictures with NO description of the items whatsoever.  Oy, this is a hot mess for sure!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I hope you know  you will be expected to ship to your buyer all 8 products you pictured.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Please read on how to Sell and list.

Your 1 listing with "contact us" and many pictures of items for $15 is not how you list on eBay if you want to be here long.

Someone will buy this "item" and rightly expect you to ship everything you are showing in the photos.

Just an FYI - each item for sale should be the only item in the photo AND have its own listing.

IF I were you I would take the 1 listing down until you research how to sell here.

Good Luck!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hello and welcome. 
Before you take another step, i urge you to read up on the rules for selling. In addition, it is important to know how eBay works before listing, so consider removing your item(s) and starting over.

Right now your efforts could get you in hot water with eBay because you have set yourself up to fail. You need to list each item separately in its own individual listing. If someone buys from your current listing, you will be obligated to send all those items pictured for one payment of $15, in one package for $4.95  in shipping.

Below is a link to how to sell on eBay. Good luck, and wish you much success.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

OH MY GOSH!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

They already sold it and relisted.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Yeah, I just checked your description "

Vinyl shirts birthday themed banners you name it .just contact us and let us know what would you like .and the prices are for each item listed

You can not sell this way on eBay, sorry. You need a listing for every item, or at the very least a listing with variations.

You really need to research selling as you are going to get hurt badly with the way you are attmpting to do it at the moment, not to mention breaking about 3 eBay rules in that one listing

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I'm sorry, but this isn't even a multiple or variation listing. Ebay can nail you for offering multiple different items in one listing when not sold as a lot, fee avoidance, and possibly trying to get buyers to contact you outside of Ebay. That is to just name a few off the top of my head.

Take some of the suggestions others have given you. Pull down that listing as soon as possible. Watch some You Tube videos on listing on Ebay. Every item needs have their own listing, and only that item showing in the pictures. If you show multiple items, all items are a part of that single listing. All of the items in that listing can be considered a lot. You would need to ship all of them to the buyer. If you don't, be prepared for an INAD and negative.

Read through Ebays rules and regulations. Learn what you can and can not sell, and what can get you instantly banned. Learn the difference between selling a single item, multiples, a lot, and variation listings. Ebay is set up for all of these types of listings.

The buyer should not have to contact you, unless they are asking a particular question about an item that is not in the description such as size when you forgot to put the size of the item in the description.

Good luck.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

END YOUR LISTING NOW!!! You have to create a listing for every single item you have for sale. This isn't Facebook. You must create a listing for each item individually  and give a full description of that 1 item. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

It appears that you are setting this up like facebook marketplace or something similar.  Ebay doesn't work like other marketplace sites where someone can just contact you for what they want. 

Read up more on how to sell, otherwise you will have a huge headache to deal with!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply