cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See how pathenic eBay nowadays

There was a buyer request for a feedback, we told him as seller we leave feedback only when he satisfy with product and leave us his feedback first. Buyer said he is satisfy but he don't want to leave feedback when he request us to leave feedback first. Of coz I rejected then he leave a negative feedback

We request eBay to remove the feedback because feedbacks should be optional buyer cannot use negative feedback to threaten seller for a feedback correct? 

See how eBay respond:

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: See how pathenic eBay nowadays

Yes, it is interesting. Sadly, I don't get the impression that the OP is open to another viewpoint. It is frankly embarrassing how the OP views, regards and responds to the individuals who do business with him/her.  

Message 61 of 82
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I really don't understand why this became a problem  in the first place . IMO  in most cases when a buyer pays  then their job is done  and the seller should leave them  good feedback .   Being stubborn  over such a simple  task didn't need to happen . Tulips 

I agree with you tulips.  The buyer has only one repsonsibility: to pay.  Once thay have paid, they get a "thank you" and a positive feedback from me. That's how i've been doing it for 20+ years.  It works great for me. 

I know others will disagree.  They are not wrong. Different sellers choose to do things differently.  There is no right or wrong way.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 62 of 82
latest reply

The logic is the buyer wanted your "means nothing" POSITIVE feed back first because he was going to give you a red donut anyway! that's my take.

Message 63 of 82
latest reply

@epowerbargains wrote:

Yes, it is interesting. Sadly, I don't get the impression that the OP is open to another viewpoint. It is frankly embarrassing how the OP views, regards and responds to the individuals who do business with him/her.  

I agree !!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 64 of 82
latest reply

@4sfedmr2 wrote:

@onesixthkit_collectibles wrote:

So leaving feedback is kind of “job” for both buyer and seller? You certainly didn’t read the rules. Feedback is not a “job” it is optional

@onesixthkit_collectibles 

In effect.. yes.  It's your "job" as a buyer/seller to leave feedback.  Ebay only works because of feedback, wouldn't you agree?  How would you feel buying from a seller on Ebay without the ability to see a history of how this person has done business on the platform?  If everyone on the platform held your idea of how we should (or shouldn't) leave feedback.. we'd all be sitting around staring a computer screen looking at a bunch of zero feedback Ebay users wondering if we should or shouldn't buy something because we'd have no reasonable assurance that we wouldn't be getting screwed over.

Probably the same way us old-timers here feel about the lack of ability to see a history of how the buyer does business on this platform.

Now I am not advocating bringing back neg/neutral feedback for buyers at all(since the millennials would probably have to undergo therapy if they got a red donut), but we do wish we knew the buyers return %, their INR %, or their SNAD % ........

Message 65 of 82
latest reply

@earlyant-77 wrote:

@4sfedmr2 wrote:

So leaving feedback is kind of “job” for both buyer and seller? You certainly didn’t read the rules. Feedback is not a “job” it is optional

In effect.. yes.  It's your "job" as a buyer/seller to leave feedback.  Ebay only works because of feedback, wouldn't you agree?  How would you feel buying from a seller on Ebay without the ability to see a history of how this person has done business on the platform?  If everyone on the platform held your idea of how we should (or shouldn't) leave feedback.. we'd all be sitting around staring a computer screen looking at a bunch of zero feedback Ebay users wondering if we should or shouldn't buy something because we'd have no reasonable assurance that we wouldn't be getting screwed over.

Probably the same way us old-timers here feel about the lack of ability to see a history of how the buyer does business on this platform.

Now I am not advocating bringing back neg/neutral feedback for buyers at all(since the millennials would probably have to undergo therapy if they got a red donut), but we do wish we knew the buyers return %, their INR %, or their SNAD % ........

No matter how much you advocate for this, it isn't going to happen.  It is a horrible business practice to publicly admonish your customers.  That does nothing but chase away business for everyone.  

The come back to that is that they are all buyers that would cause issues anyways, so no problem.  But in reality that isn't true at all.  It will push away good buyers too.  Lots of them.  As they don't want to risk the seller coming up with a reason to publicly shame them too.  So they would just go elsewhere to buy what they need.  And they could go anywhere they wanted to as this would be the ONLY site that allowed such a practice.

I get it that you are just trying to come up with a way to curtail bad behavior by buyers.  I respect that.  And I support those efforts.  But negative or neutral FB against customers is just not the way and will certainly have a large financial impact on sellers as a whole, even those that would never even consider doing this.

Message 66 of 82
latest reply

There was a buyer request for a feedback, we told him as seller we leave feedback only when he satisfy with product and leave us his feedback first. Buyer said he is satisfy but he don't want to leave feedback when he request us to leave feedback first. Of coz I rejected then he leave a negative feedback

We request eBay to remove the feedback because feedbacks should be optional buyer cannot use negative feedback to threaten seller for a feedback correct? 

See how eBay respond:

I'm sorry to say but it does sound like there would be a pretty strong case for extortion against you. 

All the buyer did was request a feedback, that's a pretty common request. A simple no would have sufficed if you weren't willing, I don't understand why you put conditions on it.

I do think if a seller fulfills their job in most cases they deserve a positive feedback. On the other hand, the buyers responsibility are much lower, so I don't see a reason for withholding feedback as their only responsible for paying.

Aside from that, you didn't mention any other way the buyer treated you poorly. Being honest here, you kind of brought the negative feedback on yourself, as you responded to his request with an ultimatum. 

You're speaking as if you were the one extorted, but the opposite seems to be the truth? He never made the positive feedback conditional on anything, but you did. 

I must say as I read through the topic, I was shocked to see you say you "gave up on being professional". I hope you rethink that one. It's not good for your own business, it's harmful to any employees you may have, it's not good to treat customers that way, not good for eBay. It's not in anybody's best interest. You can't expect others to treat you with respect if you won't treat them with respect. And it gives eBay very little reason to assist you if it was a reason they could.

Message 67 of 82
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@earlyant-77 wrote:

@4sfedmr2 wrote:

No matter how much you advocate for this, it isn't going to happen.  It is a horrible business practice to publicly admonish your customers.  That does nothing but chase away business for everyone.  

The come back to that is that they are all buyers that would cause issues anyways, so no problem.  But in reality that isn't true at all.  It will push away good buyers too.  Lots of them.  As they don't want to risk the seller coming up with a reason to publicly shame them too.  So they would just go elsewhere to buy what they need.  And they could go anywhere they wanted to as this would be the ONLY site that allowed such a practice.

I get it that you are just trying to come up with a way to curtail bad behavior by buyers.  I respect that.  And I support those efforts.  But negative or neutral FB against customers is just not the way and will certainly have a large financial impact on sellers as a whole, even those that would never even consider doing this.

Where did I say that? I said that i do NOT advocate bringing back negs and neutrals.

Message 68 of 82
latest reply

@earlyant-77 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@earlyant-77 wrote:

@4sfedmr2 wrote:

Where did I say that? I said that i do NOT advocate bringing back negs and neutrals.

@earlyant-77 

You are absolutely right, my apologies.  I initially misread your post.  That is on me.  I'm very sorry.

Message 69 of 82
latest reply

When a member buys an item & pays, I leave feedback & hope for the same courtesy when their mail is received.  I imagine only about 50% leave feedback now.  They did their part & made payment.  This is all I require to leave a positive.  On the very rare occasion when I got a negative, it was only from someone being unreasonable or quick to react.  Just received a neg. because item didn't arrive according to eBay's ETA.  It arrived only 2 days later.  People can distinguish between deserved & undeserved negatives.

Message 70 of 82
latest reply

I'm one who puts a note inside thanking them for their purchase and asking them to leave feedback if they're happy with me and the item. It's important to me to know that my customer really is a happy with their purchase plus it lets me know they received it undamaged, etc.  I love hearing from my buyers that they got it and LOVED it.  

Mr Crabby Pants who started this thread is not representative of the majority of sellers on ebay.  

And just a thought, new buyers and sellers on ebay are encouraged to buy / sell items to build their FB.  So to ask for FB is not as off the wall as OP seems to think. 

Message 71 of 82
latest reply

Sorry sakic92710, my response was not specific to your post.  Mine is just my 2 cents on the topic in general. 

Message 72 of 82
latest reply

Tell me why a buyer ask for feedback while he refuse to leave one? Does it make any sense to you especially he said “I am satisfy with product but I am not leaving feedback”

Sure it does.  I wouldn't want to leave feedback for someone who was being aggressive and childish either.

Message 73 of 82
latest reply

"turning feedback into a 'quid pro quo' of any kind is just not productive".

Where have I heard the term before? Hmmm... 😉
Message 74 of 82
latest reply

LOL - recent politics.......

Message 75 of 82
latest reply