cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge May 2019 MAY*U*N*JOY SPRING!

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge May 2019 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 16 years ago in 2003.

We appreciate ebay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board. 

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Welcome All!

To catch up : https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Re-Scrounge-Lounge-April-HOWERS-2019/td-p/29669439

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Hey peeps Happy MAY. I love this month. It's just got a nice tone to it!

Super Scrounged about 100 large padded envelopes this morning $0. FLUSH

2.25 lb brass horse statue. 

Glass Pitcher owl shape, very cute.

-$2.50

drove 3/4 blocks. LOL

I do have good luck on "Short Trips"  

The great river road 100 mile G Sale started Wednesday (all Early Bird of course, like, 2 days early), along the Mississippi on MN and WI sides, starts in Red Wing on the N end, ends around Kellogg 12 miles from here so lots of local sales too, well, several or more.

I was asked to do an overnight shift Wed, so Thurs. morning I was too crippled/sore to get in and out of the car. Most of the houses had 3 strollers in the front yard. easier to move on even though, that age group can be great for profiting from one little rare trinket.  Like, How many mistakes did you make when you were 30 something? I could name several!

Message 2 of 158
latest reply

M*M, thanks for the shiny new thread. Happy May!

Nice on the padded envelopes. Free!? That's a bargain. Can you show us the brass horse? I have one, somewhere. Or had one. I'm not sure where it's gone.

Married 33 years today. Sometimes it feels like yesterday. Other times it feels like a hundred years, lol.

Patd, belated happy birthday to your DS.

Dtex, sorry about the defect rating. The way that mutiple item transaction can pile up the dings stinks. Is it like the star rating where they drop off after a certain amount of time?

According to the Spring Update supposedly seller protection will improve. On the downside to FVF penalty is increasing by 1% to those that fall below the acceptable defect standard. Are there rules that would prevent me from changing to a new ID without defects? Just wondering.

Pat, hope the flooding you mentioned isn't out of control.

Sun, hope the snow has melted.

Dtex, hope the biopsy went well.

There are multiple town wide sales to choose from tomorrow, but 50/50 chance of rain so plans are in the air.
Message 3 of 158
latest reply

Happy 33rd Anniversary Kay!

I was about to say I "think" I got married on this day, about a 'hundred years ago' LOL

That is so funny.

I'll have to take pics of the horse, yet, Kay but sure will. 

Yep, free padded envelopes and quite a bunch, two boxes. One is manila, one white, cheapo bubble inside but better than nothing.

Patd, Happy Birthday to your 55 yr old!!  Glad you lived to see the day! 

Message 4 of 158
latest reply

One minute countdown, off to work! Have a great day all. It's beautiful and sunny here!

Message 5 of 158
latest reply

Have a good day at work M*M.

Everything outside is wet. Not going to the town wides as those are about an hour away (one north, the other south). But at the moment it's not raining so I put on my old shoes and will be heading out shortly to the half-dozen or so sales that are listed close to home.

Message 6 of 158
latest reply

Morning All...where is everyone? 

I hope Devens wins Survivor.

I'm SO glad Ron is OUT.  Good Grief, and Julie, hope she's gone soon too but she is someone any good competitor would want to sit next to at the end. 

I heard from Y a bit ago, she's on her second bout of pneumonia since Xmas but sales are good and hangin' in there with family issues. 

Hope you had fun with the scrounge duty yesterday, Kay. 

I have to work an overnight tonight.  

Message 7 of 158
latest reply

Quiet in here.

M*M, I'm waiting to see who returns from the edge of extinction before I decide who I'd like to see win.

Y, sorry to hear about the second bout with pneumonia. Hope you're on the road to recovery.
Message 8 of 158
latest reply

Show & Tell
From two weekend's ago: A set of Wilton snowflake cookie cutters 25¢ and a set of 26 Wilton decorating tips in a plastic storage case $1

DSCN7118.JPG 

DSCN7103.JPG

Message 9 of 158
latest reply

From this past weekend:

(3) Hallmark ornaments and (1) Carlton ornament 25¢ each. Lenox Snoopy & Woodstock ornament $1

DSCN7085.JPG  DSCN7087.JPG 

DSCN7094.JPG 

DSCN7101.JPG 

DSCN7120.JPG

Message 10 of 158
latest reply

Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, has given birth to a baby boy this morning.

Message 11 of 158
latest reply

I wish them & their new arrival the best...

TY for the new shiny Jill

Looks like you found some nice goodies Kay 🙂

Hope all went well for you Dtex.

We had a pretty sunny day yesterday & another one today.  Then rain moves back in tomorrow 😞

Heading to the PO soon & then off to run a few errands.

Have to get B-day cards today while out, as May is a biggie for us.

OS will be turning 42 on the 16th, and Ethan ( his son ) will be turning 18 the same day !

Also Youngest DIL's b-day is the 10th.

Plus Bil's & Sil's are the end of the month and that'll be it for awhile...

Happy belated to your son Patd.

Well, have to go load up the car & get ready to head out.

Hope you all have a nice day~

Message 12 of 158
latest reply

Madison, thanks for the news. I hadn't heard. TV is off and for some reason my MSN page isn't updating, I'm reading headlines from last week. Weird. It sounds like a home birth (announcement said resting at Frogmore Cottage). I look forward to seeing the first picture and finding out what the new prince will be named.

We had so much rain over the weekend. Nice today, though I haven't been out.

Message 13 of 158
latest reply

Prince Harry has said they will show their new baby to the world in a couple of days, and they haven't decided a name yet..

Message 14 of 158
latest reply

Haven't done the lip biopsy yet... waiting till summer, so if I decide that I want to have them knock me all the way out DW is available to drive me home.  We're both recovering from a nasty chest cold with aggravated asthma... not fun. 

Not much in the way of sales, so being extra picky on the buying side.  Picked up a few things, but passed on a lot of stuff that I might otherwise have bought.  Not much to be had the last couple o weekends anyway.

GOT: The north needs a new strategist.  sheesh.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 158
latest reply