cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$$ Scrounge Lounge - MARCH into Spring $$$

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge March 2019 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 216
latest reply
215 REPLIES 215

Re: $$$ Scrounge Lounge - MARCH into Spring $$$

half awake..."I'd be out at half that price", asking $400 OBO
Message 61 of 216
latest reply

Should I think about copyrighting "the scrounger way" as intellectual property?
Message 62 of 216
latest reply

hhaaha, may as well! It's all YOU! lol

Blue skies for my drive, roads are clean!

Car is filthy, full of salt, too cold to wash it today.
Message 63 of 216
latest reply

Afternoon All

Kyal, you sure do find some interesting items 🙂

Mr. is at the Wed. aft. auction right now, so I'm trying to work on listings.  I'm just glad I finally got the laundry finished.  I swear I don't know how 2 people can dirty so many clothes...!

We're to have a balmy 28 degrees today, but I'm still trying to get over this cold/sinus inf. so I'm staying inside.  We're picking up Mr. Aaron Friday after school, so I'm hoping I get over this stuff.  Have had it for almost 2 wk's. now....

Patd, I'm not sure how you do your inv's, but I normally go to the ended auction & at the top it says Send Inv.  Unless I misunderstood your question....?

Message 64 of 216
latest reply

Oops!  I think you wanted to know where to go to 'print' an inv.  I don't do that.  You must send a copy of the inv. in your packages???

Well back to listing land I go....

Message 65 of 216
latest reply

Hope you get to feeling better soon Pat.

Wow we are having a major snow storm. Can't see anything out there. Came up so quickly.
Message 66 of 216
latest reply

Sun, hope not too much snow accumulated.

Pat, hope you feel better by Friday, if not sooner.

I tried to login to some of my old IDs. Thought I might dust them off and use them again. Gone! All but one. Two if I count DH's ID. There was one in particular that I liked. Customer service said "start a new ID" so I did. It asked for my name and email address and then assigned me a whacked out user ID 😐 I was so mad (some days it doesn't take much). I tried to change my user ID. Couldn't, maybe after 30 days (?) but even if I waited the wacky ID (which included part of my actual name) would forever be in my history. I closed the account. Ugh! < /rant >
Not the end of the world. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Message 67 of 216
latest reply

Oh man, that's too bad about the ID, Kay. Dang. I bet mine's gone too. I haven't logged in in a few years, shoot. gotta look up that ID password.  I'm not reinstating if they assign a moniker! Weird.

boooooo

Going to watch Survivor as soon as I wake up a bit.

Came home exhausted from 'work' and I didn't even do much, took one of the guys grocery shopping, helped a little with dinner, watched tv, but my body was hurting big league in five hours.  So glad to get home and go to beddy bye.

Message 68 of 216
latest reply

BOOO on the new storm, Sun. What are they saying for accumulation? 

I knew it was coming. I'm supposed to work Sunday night and I warned the mgr yesterday I might not make it. I hope I do, but it's a big BUT.  I guess it's starting here Saturday.  I know there is a lot of weather hype out there and I've seen most of this storm/talking "Blizzard" applying mostly to MNPLS ST PAUL so far...another BUT, we're only 120 miles from there. I rarely go, can't even recall the actual miles. All I know is the drive is 1.5 hours. 

Oh, Yeah, I'm (MM) - with my old ID. I have one other I totally forgot about - will check that out later but I see I've crossed out the PW. 

Kay, did you have any feedback on yours? Wondering if that may be why.

Message 69 of 216
latest reply

WOW last time I posted with this was 2011 geesh!
Message 70 of 216
latest reply

Out of 127 fb, 39 are no longer registered.
Enjoyed reminiscing at the early fb. I used to do all kinds of metaphysical readings. Evidently I was pretty good at it!, then ebay put the kabosh on that. Too bad. It was fun while it lasted. I can't believe how long ago that was.
Message 71 of 216
latest reply

I am sorry Kay that stinks. Leave it to ebay to mess up getting a new id. I would be very angry also. They assign you an id? When the heck did that happen? Must have missed that change. What in the world are the control freaks doing? They just don't get it do they?
Message 72 of 216
latest reply

I think another 6 to 8 inches fell last night. It is hard to tell for sure. Foggy out there too. DD says the roads are very icy and snow packed. It rained first in places so made more ice. Yep it was a blizzard. One minute nothing falling the next minute you could not see 10 feet. Watch out and be careful MM.
Message 73 of 216
latest reply

Sorry about the ID problems.  I noticed the sign in page was wonky last week.

Put in your user name then click below on password.  Did that & boom!  It put my password up on the top w/my user name.  & wasn't able to get rid of it.

So had to do a 'redo password' thing...  Very frustrating.  I think when they change things other things get goofed up.  Would be nice to just let things be..

Sorry about the lousy weather.  We're to warm up over the wknd.  They're saying in the 60's next week, but I'm sure their prediction will change by then.  They do that all the time. 

They used to get the weather right, when they only did a 5 day forecast but last year they changed it to a 10 day forecast & now their predictions are very rarely correct.

Thanks for the 'get better' mssg's.  I'm feeling a bit better this morning.  Hope it stays that way.

Mr. went to an auction yesterday & got quite a few ornies, so I have to get busy & get them put away. Then after lunch try to work on some more listings. 

Message 74 of 216
latest reply

Thanks for commiserating. I'm over it 🙂

Of the four dead IDs one had feedback over a hundred. I used it as a buying ID. Probably sold on it a few times as well. That's the one I wanted to reactivate. The other three had little or no feedback. I started them as posting IDs but then I'd decide I liked the name and didn't want to tarnish it back in the board war days LOL. I used to enjoy reading some of the dramatic threads. But I seldom posted. I was there for the entertainment.

M*M I recognised you right away. I kind of remember the third one too. I like your IDs. I liked Laurie's ID too and continue to use it conversationally.

Sun, hope your snow is done and the roads clear up quickly. M*M sorry it's heading your way. We've been cold here but *fingers crossed* it's supposed to warm up. No sign of spring yet.

Pat, glad your DH found some goodies at the auction.

Message 75 of 216
latest reply