cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed By Buyer

Sold my 1200 dollar computer for 400 dollars as it was a few years old and pre owned, I figured 33% of the value that's not bad. After the deal was done I ended up with 330 dollars because of shipping and taxes. This wasn't great but I thought whatever you know. Then once the buyer received the product they claimed a fradulant item not as described. Now I used a stock photo on a pre owned item. I'm new to this okay please cut me some slack. The phone app ASKED me if I wanted to use a recommended picture. I think if you're going to have a picture policy that you can't use stock photos on pre owned items then don't ask customers to use stock photos at all for pre owned items. Anyways the guy claimed a refund when I had a no return policy. I was told not to worry they're gonna get a return shipping label from him and then I can inspect the item to see if it's damaged whatever. So I'm told the case is on hold until March 28th, I wait for March 28th and then I'm told I lost the case, the buyer keeps the item and I lose all the money and now I owe ebay 120 dollars for shipping and taxes. I paid taxes and shipping to give someone my 1200 dollar computer for free because I used a stock photo. I'm currently in a fight with support because I was given wrong information with how to proceed. I'm supposed to move into a new apartment and get a new job and now they're gonna charge me 120 dollars and really mess up my life. I can't even take my bank account off of here and support has nothing to protect me against this kind of thing.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Scammed By Buyer

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

I dont think a six year old used computer is worth $1200..maaybe when it was new six years ago.Its in the fb the op left for the buyer.

I would agree but I believe she sold it for $400 which may or may not be all that bad since I cannot see either the item or the feedback. 

You can see the "stock" photo. 

xaxa59_0-1680205457353.jpeg

And the "firmware" here.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Scammed By Buyer

As buyer did not do anything wrong a police report will be pointless. There was no scam, seller did not send the item showed in the listing and did not act on the not as described case. Buyer protection is ebay  policy seller agreed to by listing here and it is sellers responsibility to case steps

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 17 of 17
latest reply