cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales have been Dead for MONTHS

I have been selling on Ebay for over 20 years now..... I sell handmade personalized merchandise as of about 5 years ago. Sales used to be very good very steady and this year especially over the past 3-4 months they have become non-existent. I even click the fee percentage to give Ebay more money to promote but still dead. Has something changed I an unaware of? I also sell on Amazon and I know recently they had  new title keywords guidelines change so I spent days updating listings. I am not aware of any such things changing here on Ebay but this is crazy! Never seen such slow sales it's like now even worth paying for a store anymore on Ebay. Any comments or advise is appreciated.    Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Sales have been Dead for MONTHS

@girligirltutus wrote:

I have been selling on Ebay for over 20 years now..... !

Never seen such slow sales it's like now even worth paying for a store anymore on Ebay. Any comments or advise is appreciated.    Thanks

Some may attribute the failure of steps to successfully & significantly reduce the number of bad seller experiences & bad buyer experiences has had an unfortunate consequence.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@girligirltutus wrote:

I have been selling on Ebay for over 20 years now..... !

Never seen such slow sales it's like now even worth paying for a store anymore on Ebay. Any comments or advise is appreciated.    Thanks

Some may attribute the failure of steps to successfully & significantly reduce the number of bad seller experiences & bad buyer experiences has had an unfortunate consequence.

eBay could start by fixing all the site issues but it seems they refuse.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Sales are absolutely dead. We usually call once a week to have eBay "refresh" the store and we'll usually get a few sales afterwards but it keeps getting worse.

Its pretty irritating considering about 2 years ago we were doing so good we made eBay our primary platform. I doubt I'll still be on here in a year at this rate. They've gotten worse than Amazon lately.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Do you have the rights to be using those images of trademarked characters on your shirts?  I would be more concerned about that than I would about sales-- Disney in particular is VERY aggressive about protecting their intellectual property.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Seems like eBay is bent on removing 20 year sellers with their AI changes - rather than fix what is broken.  According to the posts on the selling board in 2019,  most of those experiencing rapidly declining sales are long time sellers.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I too am a long time seller and this last quarter has been the worst ever!
December is my biggest month in sales (not Christmas related), but this year has been dead.
I've had 2 sales since the 17th.
My sales are down over $25k and I still refuse to promote my listings.
I pay enough to eBay as it is right now with my high dollar items.
Promoting my items would mean all profits would go to eBay.
Last time I checked, we do this so WE make a profit too!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yeah same here. I pulled all of my items except for one. I'm giving up on eBay and as soon as I send out what needs to be shipped I'm bailing

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@kathieskorner wrote:

Seems like eBay is bent on removing 20 year sellers with their AI changes 

Perhaps longtime sellers are more likely to use the boards.

Also, new sellers who get few sales have nowhere to decline from  🙂

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@campy-sr wrote:

Yeah same here. I pulled all of my items except for one. I'm giving up on eBay and as soon as I send out what needs to be shipped I'm bailing

I haven't listed anything all month. I'll still sell what makes sense, but it is not worth trying to make a decent living doing this anymore. I'm doing 6 different  things to make a living these days. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Perhaps longtime sellers are more likely to use the boards.

And yet I've been on the boards for 20 years - four months before I listed my first item - and most of the longtime sellers posting here about the 2019 decline in sales are not folks that I recognize as regular posters.   

Through the years many of the complaints posted here have been initiated by inexperienced sellers - longtime sellers generally only start threads when ebay makes changes or something out of the ordinary occurs.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply