cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are down

Let's be honest, sales are down, I am taking the free time to list more for the fall season, but now need more space, products coming in are way more than leaving the premises. 😂

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Sales are down

I'm actually focusing on sourcing now. If you're interested in this business, this is a very important time focus and make decisions. I understand that decisions will be different for different people.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I love building things, and I've got a few hand built shelves.....but you can get shelving VERY cheap from online auctions. Look at online auctions and bet on the shelving. I've never paid more than $20 for a shelving unit.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Interesting, I'm going to cross post here soon. I hope I get similar results.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Online sales are down from the pandemic surge of 2020 and 2021.

We should be comparing our sales to 2019 and 2018. How were your July sales in those years?

EBay generally is reporting lower sales, but the company is still posting profits and paying dividends.

AZ is reporting lower sales and lost money again. No dividends for the shareholders.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

eBay these days is like an Old West Ghost Town, lots of tumbleweeds blowing down the street and nothing else happening. Mercari, on the other hand, is more like a bustling metropolis. eBay did this to themselves, I am migrating more and more to Mercari and I am sure that I am not the only one doing so.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Need To Build An Addition To My Home Soon!!

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I used to sell and buy on Ebay much more before. If I need something, I go first to Ebay. Now, I noticed I do not buy on Ebay so often. My sales are down as well. My buyer's capacity is down as well. I believe it applies to most of Ebay users.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

one sale the entire week just about, I think either buyers are abandoning ebay, or search engines (outside of ebay) are blocking items from being found. as for ebays search who knows anymore, they have messed things up so much. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

While I'm conducting some experiments with my August listings of previously listed items, I am adding very few new listings to eBay this month.   I'm going to concentrate on Craigs List for items too bulky and heavy to ship instead. 

Barring eBay forcing me to use their new listing format - I'll concentrate on adding new listings to eBay in Sept until mid- November with a week off in October for the community yard sale.  Then back to Craigs List and maybe a holiday craft show from Thanksgiving to Christmas. 

Should eBay force the new listing format on me - then my days here will be limited to clearing out old listings and closing my accounts by year end.   As my time on this earth is winding down - I'm not going to invest much more of it in a declining eBay. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Thank you!  I think you just gave me the nudge I need to go in that direction!  😀

Message 25 of 25
latest reply