cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales and even "Views" are way down since recent listing roll-out

Totally love the new listing features on eBay, but since this roll-out almost no sales - and even more concerning is very few views. Not sure what is going on here.

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Sales and even "Views" are way down since recent listing roll-out

Same here!

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

Same very frustrating 

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

Yes- we to always see a noticeable drop in sales whenever ebay is updating or changing code- makes me wonder why but it has been going on for years. I wonder if they are stealing server space or bandwidth to do the roll-over and then showing less items to buyers. makes no sense but it is completely trackable.

@barbara1774 - i am curious why you love the new listing tool? do you list on a phone or tablet or desktop? Most of us have found the new tool 3x harder and more time consuming to list with because of all teh hidden sub menus and popup boxes that disrupt the listing flow.   I truly do want to hear a counter opinion to see if I am crazy or not.   All the item specific that you have to click in and out of and hit extra "done" buttons to move on etc just add time to the listing process instead of just typing in the fields on one page and tabbing to the next.  I list on a desktop though.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

I've been making templates, because we were told on dotCA that our templates would not become the new horrible, terrible, no good, very bad selling form.

On the other hand, how would a buyer know that the seller used the new form, or the old form, or a template built in 2004?

After cross referencing sales in April and May 2018, 2019,2020, and 2021 (although the latter two will also reflect the now abruptly ended pandemic surge in online shopping),  is there a change in your sales pattern.

2019 and 2022 are apples and oranges. December and May are apples and skateboards. 

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

Views are down because eBay has changed the way they report them.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-spring/business

Sales are down because fewer people are buying and they are spending less and/or redirecting their money to purchase things they really need instead of trinkets.

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Same thing here.  From the 1st until the afternoon of the 12th (update time) I was at a slow start at 29 sold for $1210.  I usually have 850-900 items up and sell 100-120 ~$5-6K per month.  Since the update I have had 1 sale... last night.  Weekends I run sales at higher % off and generally have to package 10 orders Monday morning.  I also have items with 500-1000%+ sellthrough rate and with a % sale running, free shipping, most will be lowest priced, good photos, etc.  I have noticed a HUGE drop in views (expected with the new "listing views" update), however, the sales drop like this at mid-month after all the cost of living bills have been paid makes for a worrisome time.  However, reselling is not based on the daily or weekly.  We should consider how our performance is based on monthly.  Let's see if this gets fixed and /or see if sales pick up.

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

I have items with bids but zero views. This is obviously buggy. I picked a great time to make about 50 new listings. I should've waited a few weeks.

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

It is also very defeating to look at my listings (over 800!) and see 0 views on nearly everything!  What am I working for?   Put it back!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Exactly, it makes me furious! Then they have the nerve to send you emails how to improve sales.

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

my sales declined 100% just in the week after they changed the views format .... I went from making reliable sales on my product to making NO sales ... 

The question is why is ebay shooting itself in the foot and making this change when they are seeing lower sales overall. They are not getting the profit from the sales so whatever they changed should be reverted immediately.

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Same here, I averaged 2-3 sales per day for 30 straight days and now it's like the lights have been turned off. No sales Saturday, 4 small sales Sunday and not a single sale since Sunday afternoon. going on the 3rd day. No new watchers either, used to having at least 7-8 new watchers on items a day. something is way off.

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

I'm seeing the same exact thing. My sales have cratered in the last 7 days! 20+ years on Ebay and average 300+ active listings and I've never seen anything like this!

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

Every time Ebay makes a change my sales drop I would love to go, or have the option to go back to classic view. Get rid of all the time consuming crap. Ebay does not understand with out sales there is no Ebay.

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Same here.  We were rolling strong this month and in the last week just a massive drop off.  Something is not right.   No views, no traffic, no sales.  We average about 1K per day with 15-20 orders.   This past week we're struggling to get $200 a day and only 2-3 orders.   I told my team it's like we were at a huge concert all month long and then just suddenly looked up wondering where did everyone go? We're the only ones here now...

Message 15 of 57
latest reply