cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Down

Well my sells have dropped 41% this month.  Well I wonder why?  Thank you Ebay for Seller Customer Service lack of product knowledge.  Removing listing that they have no knowledge of doesn't make the item "Ebay Illegal"  Essential Oils and Hemp Seed Oil.  Really!!!  Using Eday platform to build your Brand, not gonna happen here, will start having to search elsewhere.  Was making between 2,000 to 3,000 a month they removed listings, that wasn't good enough had to remove more then dropped to 300 to 500 monthly and now I am lucky if I make 100.00 every two weeks.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Sales Down

@whitetigeraleisa wrote:

Removing listing that they have no knowledge of doesn't make the item "Ebay Illegal"  Essential Oils and Hemp Seed Oil.  Really!!!  .

It's Ebay site and they can decide what can and can't be sold here.

And that, they don't want sold here.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I sale clothing and collectibles. Sales are waaaay down. Looking to make about 100 a week. This is my 20th year. Got a phone call telling me to hurry and switch over to managed payments. Looking for a job quick. This isn't enough cash to feed my cats.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I know what you mean, I have already found 2 more places to sale and looking for more.  Ebay has changed so much and I can't say the change has been for the good.  I have noticed the Asian Market exploding on Ebay, guess we are from the wrong Country.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Asian market is full of counterfeit products!

If someone from that region can list, sell, and ship cheaper than someone in the U.S., there is a problem!

Corporate America is so hungry for profit (no integrity or ethics), they still keep having products made in that region even though product secrets are being stolen, fake Apple store fronts, product recalls constantly, and food that have killed our pets. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

100% Agree.  I read more food processing labels now than I ever have, if it comes from China I will not buy it at all.  Fish, Chicken anything from overseas

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I used to have over a thousand listing through any given month but since GTC now I don't dare to have more than 900 so not to get hit with extra listing fees, How does that help anyone ?

Now Managed Payments ~ Feels like I am in the Twilight Zone !!!

I believe most sellers would not have a problem with managed payment if it was not forced upon them and they got paid right away before having to ship the item !

I will "Never Never Never" ship an item before payment is in my account, I am not that naive !

Feel sorry for all those sellers effected by these horrible forced policies.

It is a Blessing that there is more than just this selling platform out there.

(They will not stop us from making money just making them money !)

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Havent had a single sale in almost a month now,or even auction sales. Listed sports cards with a vaue of $10-15 with a start price of .10 cents. No buyers??? Not worth the time to even list.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Feeling your pain.  I am a small, mostly clothing, seller and my sales are down 71% for the last 31 days - no Holiday spike.  Thankfully I began to see the writing on the wall last year and when my store renewal came up - I went month to month.  As a result, I downgraded to a Starter Store on January 1st.  No sales since December 16th and cleared a little over $100 for the 31 days-eBay fees (with Basic Store) were over $50 (cost for Store was more than final value fees).  

Hoping success for all of us in 2020!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@whitetigeraleisa wrote:

Removing listing that they have no knowledge of doesn't make the item "Ebay Illegal"  Essential Oils and Hemp Seed Oil.  

When it comes to this area, eBay policy is as much about how you list an item as it is about what you are listing. 

Without knowing exactly what your listing said, there is no way we can evaluate whether the listing complied with policy. 

How you describe an item can turn a compliant product into a listing violation. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Dang! You have some cool cards AND they're professionally graded! Yep. eBay's throttling our items. Whether intentional or unintentional, it's stupid. That's like saying, 'we don't need your money.' Any company with that attitude will soon suffer. Well, eBay's stock is like 36 and Amazon's like $1800, so there's a clue. They'll probably really throttle my account now, for criticizing them but I ain't making any sales now, so...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply