cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales: Are peeps holding back, worried about what's going on in the middle east?

Sales: Are peeps holding back, worried about what's going on in the middle east?

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Sales: Are peeps holding back, worried about what's going on in the middle east?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has nothing to do with Middle East, has everything to do with groceries costing 50-100% more than they used to, utility bills going up, gas still being around $3-3.50 in most places and sky high car, home and rent prices. People are poorer now than they were before and during the midst of the pandemic. "Fun" purchases have been cut back. I stick to < $5 books and DVDs now mostly.

Message 2 of 70
latest reply

Re: Sales: Are peeps holding back, worried about what's going on in the middle east?

Like a lot of sellers, you're selling stuff people don't need.

More buyers are buying stuff they need and putting off their wants.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 70
latest reply

Competition has exploded, particularly since the pandemic when so many people started selling online. Many have also gone back to shopping in B&Ms because they're sick of being online.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 70
latest reply

Around here, peeps don't typically make an appearance until springtime.  They peak around Easter.  So doubt that is the problem.😀

Message 5 of 70
latest reply

@llulua 

No, it really has nothing to do with it.  It has more to do with what people need, not want.  Essentials.  I need to pay my mortgage, utility bills and feed my kids more than I need to buy a collectible.  Just my thoughts. 

Happy Selling

PS  Nice shop!

Message 6 of 70
latest reply

@llulua wrote:

I doubt anyone is holding back from buying gloves, decorations, or iPhone cases because of the Middle East.

Message 7 of 70
latest reply

Well they might be worried about gas prices going up again perhaps. Also when the world continues to be in turmoil it can cause some cautionary spending and with what all of us have been through the past several years I am not surprised we are not burned out from all this drama.

Message 8 of 70
latest reply

Problem - deleted

Message 9 of 70
latest reply

Changes in policies, horrible algorithms and promoted listings. I say that because sales are consistent on other platforms in some cases better.  Ebay is feeling the heat. Thats why they are finally "testing their item specific overkill" after forcing it unto sellers 2 years ago. Probably should of tested it first along with several other changes made.  Thats when we noticed sales drastically decrease.  

Message 10 of 70
latest reply

@llulua wrote:

More likely worries about one is going on in the home front.  Some of the rising politicians are pretty far out there.

Message 11 of 70
latest reply

@llulua 

You ask a very genuine question and some folks could be. You'll have to just focus on your business,  family and do the best you can. I know that sounds lame but we cannot fix this mess around the world but we can try to be more kind to our fellow humans.

Message 12 of 70
latest reply

That's right. I lost my head and forgot😆

Message 13 of 70
latest reply

I'm thinking that, too. On the other hand, there are many people out there that want to replace or add pieces to their service. Not start, but add or replace.

In the case of ornaments, they are dated and most of my sales are to people that want to add to the series they now have or give to someone based on a birth date, etc.

Are you experiencing a slow down?

Thanks for your insight.

Message 14 of 70
latest reply

How would anyone expect a rational answer to why some Ebay sellers are hurting.

There is a war in the middle east and gasoline prices are going down. There must be an explanation but it is unlikely to be found by analytical thinking.

We could analyze and criticize why some sellers might be hurting more than others due to the quality of their listings but highly motivated buyers have always hunted out treasured and often ignored professional and swiftly presented crap.

The posts on this forum over the past month or two have pointed to a weakness in costume jewelry sales from an increasing number of sellers. Some have great images, some do not. I think there is a problem there.

Costume jewelry at my local flea market is far more plentiful than usual, and several of the sellers of higher quality costume and low end precious have been missing.

My wife bought an antique silver and garnet pair of earrings at a nice price yesterday. I got the feeling it was the highest sale the dealer made yesterday, but the dealer can count on my wife to buy something and she does not buy crap.

I have a selling lull at the moment, but my impressions are down slightly and views are up a little more. Who knows why the buyers are not pulling the trigger, and when they will start again. My usual response is to increase the number of listings - works better for me than promoting. But I do not feel like listing, and when I don't feel like it, I don't.

Message 15 of 70
latest reply