cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUSPENSION BECAUSE AUTOMATION FOUND A WORD, NO CONTACT INFO BUT A WORD!

HOW MANY OF YOU ALL ARE GETTING SUSPENDED, WHEN IT'S DUE TO AUTOMATION PICKING UP WORDS, NOT CONTACT INFO IN MESSAGES?

KRMIDKIFF
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: SUSPENSION BECAUSE AUTOMATION FOUND A WORD, NO CONTACT INFO BUT A WORD!

You have to be extremely careful when you are accepting messages and responding to them with the new message system. It does pick up various key words that alert to a possible off Ebay transaction.  Do not know how to remedy this other than be careful using any terminology includng any word that might suggest going off ebay to complete a transaction or offer a transaction. It is actually a very good thing they are doing to protect buyers and sellers. It is however very sensitive.

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

ACTUALLY IT IS OUT OF CONTROL, A MOVE THAT SHOULD OF BEEN 20 YEARS AGO, NOT AFTER PEOPLE QUIT BYPASSING EBAY!
KRMIDKIFF
Message 3 of 64
latest reply

You may have to fill in the blanks.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 64
latest reply

2 very friendly (from their feedback) sellers have still not responded to my emails?

Is ebay blocking them or are they afraid to respond.

I need to use numbers when responding to my buyers - how else can you answer questions such as length of chain, size of piece, weight of gold, dimensions of diamond.

Will a response to a basic question cause me to be banned.

Now instead of replying, if I get a question I am just going to add it to my description and just respond to buyer to see updated listing.

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

2 very friendly (from their feedback) sellers have still not responded to my emails?

Is ebay blocking them or are they afraid to respond.

I need to use numbers when responding to my buyers - how else can you answer questions such as length of chain, size of piece, weight of gold, dimensions of diamond.

Will a response to a basic question cause me to be banned.

Now instead of replying, if I get a question I am just going to add it to my description and just respond to buyer to see updated listing.

Emerald, that's a very smart way to handle it.

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

ebay has more going on than it can handle...I'd love to speculate, but I'll pass for now
Message 7 of 64
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
ebay has more going on than it can handle...I'd love to speculate, but I'll pass for now

Sounds ominous.

But not surprised that not all is smooth sailing over there.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Great idea to update the listing rather than respond to the message other than "see question answered on listing". That should work like a charm and no more setting off the false alarm. Thanks!

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

Sounds ominous.

But not surprised that not all is smooth sailing over there.

I assume this is about fb?

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 10 of 64
latest reply

It's an obvious problem as every seller in here (other than us) lives to steal a few pennies from ebay.

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

They've been saying people won't get suspended without human eyes reviewing the messages in question. Warnings are from bots, suspensions are from people. If you were actually suspended then there was probably something in your messages that led the person reviewing your account to believe you were violating policy.

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

siayan...
not about fb...more like about the tip of the iceberg
Message 13 of 64
latest reply

@laylajames9 wrote:

They've been saying people won't get suspended without human eyes reviewing the messages in question. Warnings are from bots, suspensions are from people. If you were actually suspended then there was probably something in your messages that led the person reviewing your account to believe you were violating policy.

Yes, that's what they've been saying,  but that doesn't mean that's what they've been doing.

Forget what eBay says. Pay attention to what eBay does. What I'm seeing in this sudden deluge of threads tells me all sellers need to stop communicating with buyers for the bestest buying experience ever!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 14 of 64
latest reply

@laylajames9 wrote:

IF there was a person reviewing it, and IF the person had English as a first language and IF that person appreciated current American vocabulary, that is, IF the person could read English with acceptable comprehension.

Of course, that is IF ebay hasn't changed the rules along the way.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 64
latest reply