cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW TO NO SALES THIS WEEK (APRIL 18-24 2021). WHATS HAPPENING EBAY?

Anyone else having slow or no sales this week? I have almost 300 listings and zilch. BTW: I list Daily, Almost Everything is on Sale and/or Best Offer-(though I haven't gotten any), and EVERYTHING is Promoted. Beginning of April was good.. now just one sale in past 5 days. I appreciate EB but when it declines it really goes deafly silent, like nothing. I usually see this whenever they are rolling out anything new, so I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this to this extreme? Thanks, 

Signed, (A usually -:) Grateful Girl

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: SLOW TO NO SALES THIS WEEK (APRIL 18-24 2021). WHATS HAPPENING EBAY?

I've also been affected by this especially in the last week or so. When sales do come in it's in clumps, like eBay has just taken the brakes off my account, then nothing again. I do think it's some kind of equality algorithm kicking in or something. Also their stats show impressions are the same, but not conversions. I find this all very odd. My own website that I also trade on is up on last month, and seems to perform consistently - not with these bizarre clumps of sales and what can only be described as limitations imposed on the account. I don't even think I'll bother writing to eBay. It's something buried deep in the code - that much is clear. I too tried to rectify things with promoted listings - maybe that's what they want?

Message 61 of 121
latest reply

This looks sadly very familiar.

Message 62 of 121
latest reply

My sales have been slow since April 2021. Hope it picks up soon.

Message 63 of 121
latest reply

Called customer service? I thought there is still no telephone CS. I tried calling a few days ago and I got the same canned response to send e-mails.

Message 64 of 121
latest reply

I have 2 stores, 400 plus listing each, daily activity ( on my end 7 days a week) all promoted, all with other discounts ( volume procing etc) and I am a top rated seller... I am averaging 1 sale form one store every 2-3 days or so. What the Hell is going on!? ( Mind you, i sued to pull in $250,000 in gross sales a year 10 years ago!).. I keep hoping it's me so I can fix it, but I think its them! I cannot afford to be put out of business every time they update something or introduce a new feature.  So who else is ready to go? I am building a website and am looking into other platforms mostly for traffic draw.... I am literally sick and tired of hearing myself complain!

Message 65 of 121
latest reply

I had one rep tell me last Friday that they were desperately trying to make the site more secure, and that the hacking was out of control and THAT is what is causing these issues. Well, if that is the case, should I worry about my financial and personal info that they are "unable to keep secure"? Really just SO not pleased with the whole thing after 22 years !

Message 66 of 121
latest reply

I think that if other sellers feel like I do they have to be quitting selling on ebay as I am on the verge myself,,,For the tenth time I have had to refund money to scammers that are based in China or Georgia Asia or Russia that are using freight forwarding companies to scam your items...Add to that the nightmare of managed payments and constant everchanging forced selling formats and I am disgusted!! Frustrated!!!Disheartened!!,,,I have done everything I can to hang in there and hope for better days but it continues to worsen,,,I no longer hold on to hope that ebay will level out and I will feel comfortable selling on this platform,,,I used to actually enjoy selling back in the day when I started everything out at $19.99 and had lots of bidders ,,,It was fun but those days are way over!,,,I had to cancel another sale tonight due to the sale was from a bidder in China and I dont sell international,,,Ebay knows and could care less if you lose your item,,,I have never seen such disregard for sellers before,,,Disgusting,,,Done done done done

Message 67 of 121
latest reply

Yes.

Message 68 of 121
latest reply

Listen to this weird one. Our sales have been consistent for the past couple of months. This past Tuesday (6/8/21) we had a massive sales day (mainly due to one big item). Our biggest sales day ever. 

Immediately after that, Wednesday we got no natural sales. We had to send offer after offer after offer and barely scraped $70 for the day. Today (Thursday) we had ZERO sales until again, sending offer after offer. These two back to back days are now our WORST two day streak in a year. 

Something is definitely going on. 

Message 69 of 121
latest reply

I had the best 14 month run I've had on here - all due to COVID.  Before that, sales were pathetic.  Now it is reverting back to that trend.  Today, I had 1 sale on FB that was 2x more than what I've totaled in the last week on eBay - WITHOUT FEES!   $23 in the last  2 days on here.  You would think I'm listing junk.  I've got lots of great listings with zero competition.  Yet - they sit collecting dust.  Can only buy it from me so what's the hold up?  Looks like my days are going to end here anyway.  Summer will be a disaster on this site.   Maybe I'll try joining MP in fall?    Doubtful but, if they have a system that doesn't cause headaches, who knows??    Good luck to all.   🙂

Message 70 of 121
latest reply

Yup something is going on. My sales have fallen 60% since same time last year. My sales have dropped steadily since February 2021. I would not mind it so much if Ebay told me they were going to tank my business, I would have done something else to make money. Guess I am at THAT point now.

sales.PNG

Message 71 of 121
latest reply

One question I'd like to know the answer to - are sellers with high feedback scores, like 26,000, the only ones who can sell big ticket items?  I've been selling on here for 20 years & never sold anything for higher than $750 US.  No matter what it is, nothing worth $$ sells for me here.  Even getting $40-50 sales is like pulling teeth, at times.   

Message 72 of 121
latest reply

Yes, sales are slow to no sales on the last week of May and beginning of June, we sell on other marketplaces and eBay is the worst on sales. I have increased promotions on all listing and it doesn't make a difference.

Message 73 of 121
latest reply

Same thing over here. Last week of May and Beginning of June horrible. Slow to no sales

Sales.jpg

Message 74 of 121
latest reply

Ever since eBay started implementing the lousy item specific requirement, sales go south all the way.
This is obviously an useless requirement and it doesn't help at all. Google search is not ready for this, period.
Item specific is clearly some redundant, useless implementation merely to get eBay's internal incapable, inexperienced and ignorant guys to have some projects to do to get promoted or show off the bogus importance of the positions just to keep the jobs.

Yes, seals are horrible on eBay, but I see the opposite direction. Instead of cutting price to lose money to get sales, I raise my price.

Orders still come in, although the numbers are still miserable, but at least I keep my profit and survive.
Besides, don't you know the inflation is on the brink ? price supposed to go up anyway.

-

Message 75 of 121
latest reply