cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHILL BIDDING --- It's OK for High-Volume Sellers

I've reported thousands of items that have SHILL BIDDERS. It takes a while, but EBAY sometimes takes action against SMALL SELLERS. But with the BIG SELLERS, especially those with stores, EBAY ignores SHILL REPORTS.

There is a policy that says EBAY does not allow shill bidding. But the truth is that EBAY does nothing about it if you have high volume sales, or in essence, PAY EBAY TO IGNORE SHILL BIDDING. By not taking action against shill bidding, EBAY has drawn unscrupulous sellers who have spread their lack of ethics to this site.  I have been a Buyer & Seller here since 2004, and am now cautious about buying on EBAY. And this is sad.

p.s. I identify shills as bidders who have hundreds to thousands of bids in a thirty day period, with nearly 100% applied to one seller.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: SHILL BIDDING --- It's OK for High-Volume Sellers

It's been a month since I began this discussion of SHILL BIDDING and how EBAY ignores it's own rules against SHILL BIDDING..... By the lack of response, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this, so I guess few of us are concerned about being cheated by dishonest sellers.

BUYERS BEWARE: Review bid history prior to bidding. When you see shill activity, do not bid. But it looks like I'm in the vast minority here.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Hello friend.
What you really do happen not only in Ebay, but also in our lives.
Things that bring big profits will be more favorable is of course, you accept that.
The necessity now is that you have to develop your store to grow to enjoy the benefits from Ebay.
Good luck!

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I've tried to REPORT more SHILL BIDDING, but now EBAY is BLOCKING ME from REPORTING these unwanted activities that violate EBAY's own rules; activities that EBAY encourage members to report..... REAL MATURE, EBAY!

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

SURPRISE everyone, but Shills are still being used and it's even worse than ever. Hooray for the EBAY police..... Are my reports of this activity still being blocked? Yes

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Big seller or small sellers, shill bidders can pretty much operate with impunity.  Unless the bidder has the same physical or IP address as the seller, eBay would pretty much not act unless they received a signed confession.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply