cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS.... What do you do TO STOP receiving "ADD SPECIFICS" for the same listed item?

Hello Sellers,

This is so irritating and time-consuming to keep receiving notices to ADD SPECIFICS to a listing that I clearly check "DO NOT REMIND ME OF THIS LISTING AGAIN"  Checking this box has been a complete waste of my time.  Most of the add specifics DO NOT apply to the item I'm listing and some boxes will not allow you to ADD anything because you must choose from the drop-down list that doesn't apply to your item.  Bizarre!

I have filled out "What Do You Think?" to no avail.  I do not want to complete a box and have the buyer claim "not as described".  

Help if you have a way to keep the same listing from returning to complete specifics even though you checked "DO NOT REMIND AGAIN".

Thank you, and Happy Selling

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: SELLERS.... What do you do TO STOP receiving "ADD SPECIFICS" for the same listed item

P.S.   I rarely list brand new items but I ALWAYS complete the REQUIRED specifications on the original seller form, not the quick form.  This catalog building by eBay IS NOT for antiques or any used items.  Used items should be exempt from ADD SPECIFICS since everything the buyer needs to know is in the description, title, and photos.  What a mess!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: SELLERS.... What do you do TO STOP receiving "ADD SPECIFICS" for the same listed item

may or may not help..........  you have to check the "don't remind me box" as the LAST thing you do before saving or closing or whatever it is.  If you check it where it is in the list and then go on down to more specifics and fill something else in, that will erase the check in the box..........

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Those reminders will bother you at EVERY RELIST.

The only way to make them stop is to end the listing and enter in the IS that the reminders are telling you to add. Because on a "relist" the ORIGINAL write-up is what changes over, nothing other than price change is saved. I know it's a PITA.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Personally I just ignore the "recommended" ones. If it bothered me (it doesn't) I would remove the Item Specifics column from the layout or at least move it to the far right side of the page.

The Filter will still show at the top of the list so if any become "required" I would see that.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply