MOST BUYERS SEE HIGHER PRICES AND

WILL SHOP AROUND ELSEWHERE.

OUTCOME

LESS SALES DUE TO THIS MATTER.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SELLER FEES TOO HIGH? MAYBE.

Yes, high school junior year economics class, we know.

They also mention that all those other venues within the capitalist system have their own fees, some less, some greater, and...

Wait, where are all these other venues that are far lesser costs? They never showed me that.

Where Is This Great Elsewhere?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

BUYERS SEE HIGHER PRICES AND WILL SHOP AROUND ELSEWHERE.

Buyers will see higher prices everywhere and eBay may be the elsewhere.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@silenthunter5by5 wrote:

LESS SALES DUE TO THIS MATTER.

eBay cares about profit, not sales.

So eBay cares whether income will go up more than whether sales will go up.

So if they predict that income from fees will result in a net gain, they will consider it. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

but how much are your selling fees ? mine are at 23 %  of sales and  add in the cost of the store $85 dolars monthly  also add in  the cost of shipping which i have converted almost all of my listings to  free -shipping included----  so my costs with ebay are about 45% to 47 % of sales made  i have listings on other sites  but they produce nothing  in sales  no matter how cheap they are to sell on--i  do get alot of bogus emails from them and scammers mind you from those sites more than here -  my impressions are way up  this last month  mind you that being  about the only good thing  --but sales are way down i have also lowered my prices about 30% with the free shipping thing added in so yea not much profit coming in with the few sales i do get  and with it being the start of the month all those external expenses come in  shipping supplies rent on storage locker  gas  to delivery the items to the post office---- but it is what it is -- ebay game ebay rules -- and in their sand box you play  the way they want -- so i just have to try other things to improve sales on my 2061 listings --and read this forum and the u.s. one every other day for advice  hoping someone finds a magic bullet to sales  and relates it to all of us  next week i will reduce another 3to 5 % sales dicount since i don't have promoted listing feature again this month and for a while now  won't at 2.51 % bad boy rating again 

one small note i did find in the one month i had promoted listings given back--  i set at 5 %-- i got less views but more sales for the last two weeks of the month on my listings  - so i guess it does work -- maybe when it comes back online for me during the summer i hope-- i can  reduce sales discounts % and increase promo rates to 5% again and get a few more sales a month that way till they screw me again and have to bite the bullet hard -- hoping my online poker playing is better to make up for the extra expense  just to cover expenses 

doker bohm

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You cannot include your free shipping as an eBay fee. That is your choice, not their fee policy. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply