Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ AUGUST 2017 $$

8/1 already!

Message 1 of 156
latest reply
155 REPLIES 155

Re: SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ AUGUST 2017 $$

Upcycle refers to making something different from something. Like in my shop on another venue I make bags out of old jeans, tablecloths etc.

Message 31 of 156
latest reply

Laurie, they're those L shaped pieces (come in pairs), originally used to lift logs up slightly in the fireplace (like the grates do to aid air circulation and keep a good fire going. Now usually more decorative than functional = )

We always had open fireplaces when I was a kid so I've used these lol

Doing the 'lost widget hunt" yet again - sighs deeply.

Something I first listed in 2012. Was a replacement part so I knew it would take a while to sell. Had to be the right buyer at the right time when it was visible, looking for that particular piece. So now it sells, and lord knows where stashed it back then. Somewhere "safe" obviously.

Been looking since yesterday and have a LONG list of places it's NOT. Let's hope the Slounge can work it's mojo for me before I have to ship tomorrow.

Stinky hot here still. It's 9.30am and it's already 74°

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 32 of 156
latest reply

DD had false labour yesterday, so it may not be long now. Think maybe Gray is anxious to get here, even though DD would prefer to get in another 2 weeks of work.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 33 of 156
latest reply

Hi To Shoppers, good to see you checking in! Sounds like all is well. Hi to UpcycleDeb,. I have an old college friend in St. Louis. GREAT town, and great state for scrounging! (RAINING, AGAIN, here too) I was smart enough to mow yesterday. only the front, curb appeal and all that rot.

Message 34 of 156
latest reply

Daughter's best friends dad passed away yesterday morning at age 50.  She lived with the family for several months while she was commuting to school.  We went to the visitation today.  Daughter sings at the funeral tomorrow.  I couldn't do it.

Message 35 of 156
latest reply

Kyal. so sorry to hear about your family tragedy.  50 is much too young to pass on. My mom passed away at 58 and my dad was in his last 40's.  I was still a baby without a direction in life when my mom passed on. Thankfully I turned out ok.

So everyone, tell me how the new E bay experience has been for you. I see that the format and everything else has changed.  Any sense in trying to list on the new formats?  Any encouragement would help.

Message 36 of 156
latest reply

Lost widget hunt hasn't yielded results yet. Will give it another try in the morning after work.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 37 of 156
latest reply

Gray? It's a boy? (could be either) .Won't be long now! Hope all goes smooth, Y.
Message 38 of 156
latest reply

Condolences to your DD and friends, Kyal. Tough Stuff. How nice of your DD to sing for the funeral. I couldn't, either.
Message 39 of 156
latest reply

I am so sorry for your loss Kyal and your DDs. Hard to sing at the funeral for sure. Such a sad thing to happen.
Message 40 of 156
latest reply

Hope you find that item soon Looking. Wow to have something listed that long.
Message 41 of 156
latest reply

I list fairly often Shoppers and don't know about any new format. I just list books so maybe the new formats are in other items???? Nice one page listing form finally. You can load the pictures while you are doing the description. Took ebay forever to get that done. It goes better and quicker then any of the old forms.
Message 42 of 156
latest reply

Sun it was one part of one of those Bradford 4 part things. Needed to sit until someone who needed that part came along, and of course now they have, can't find it. I'm sure I put it somewhere "safe".

Have 3 parcels to pack and will look again after I get them done.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 43 of 156
latest reply

Looking hope you find your lost widget.

Sounds like JR. is ready to greet the world any time now.   Hope your daughter has an easy & quick delivery.  Make sure you post pictures once he gets here 🙂

Kyal so very sorry for your loss...  May they RIP....  Nice of your daughter to sing...  I hope she makes it through the song....

Shopper we sell in a variety of categories & I haven't noticed a change.  What category are you trying to list in?

Glad all is well at your house.

Today is errand running day as soon as we have some lunch.  Took some pics. this morning so should be able to work on some listings when I get back home, if it's not too late in the day...  I run out of steam usually around 4...

Message 44 of 156
latest reply

@good.junque wrote:

Dtexley, is that estate sale an auction or a sale at the home of the estate owners?  If at their house, a quick run through wouldn't take much time, eh?  LOL, at least that would be my thinking if it was me .... whether at the home or at auction!

Laurie

It was an estate sale, and we did go, LUCKILY.  Bought 20 items for $60.  Sold the first 1 hour after listing for a buck and quarter and the second this AM for full price at two bucks after receiving several offers.  Several of the remaining items sell for $40+ so I'm happy we didn't pass, even if my wife did buy a bunch of dang jugsaw puzzles to clutter up the cupboards in the RV....

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 45 of 156
latest reply