cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous that I have to wait 7 days to leave a Neg or Neutral for a seller

If a seller cancels for out of stock (aka didn't get enough $ for auction in this case), buyers should not have to wait 7 days to be able to leave a neutral or negative.

I might have left a neutral, but now that I have to stew about it for a week, she'll probably get a well deserved negative.

I bid 2x on this auction just in case I wouldn't be online when it ended, but I was online and paid right away. I really wanted these items.

If ANY seller cancels for out of stock, buyers should be able to post negative feedback without having to wait 7 days.

Am I off base on this? Why make the buyer wait?

Message 1 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

It gives time for the seller to answer questions and make it right. It also discourages hot-headed feedback. I hope it works out for you.

Message 2 of 103
latest reply

@alittlesomething4everyone wrote:

It gives time for the seller to answer questions and make it right. It also discourages hot-headed feedback. I hope it works out for you.

The only way it would "work out" for me is if the seller honored the auction price. The seller has been nonresponsive after claiming she must have sold this lot in her garage sale. I'm not buying that excuse. She only has a couple dozen items listed. This 7 day auction was relisted three times. Surely she should have remembered selling the items long before I bid and won. 

Message 3 of 103
latest reply

@holidayshopper201 wrote:

If a seller cancels for out of stock (aka didn't get enough $ for auction in this case), buyers should not have to wait 7 days to be able to leave a neutral or negative.

I might have left a neutral, but now that I have to stew about it for a week, she'll probably get a well deserved negative.

I bid 2x on this auction just in case I wouldn't be online when it ended, but I was online and paid right away. I really wanted these items.

If ANY seller cancels for out of stock, buyers should be able to post negative feedback without having to wait 7 days.

Am I off base on this? Why make the buyer wait?

Your seller is obviously a powerseller, because a seven day wait for neut/neg feedback is a perk of being a powerseller.  The other perk is access to the powerseller discussion board.  That's about it as far as powerseller perks go now.

Powersellers can be jerks just like TRS sellers and any other seller can.

(before I get flamed into crispiness, I'm a TRS and a PS, so don't even start)

Just leave your feedback as soon as the seven days is up. Leave a neg - sellers who do this deserve it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 103
latest reply

Thanks Sweet Tea. I used to be a TRS, but couldn't recall which class of sellers received this perk. With so few items listed, I don't think she'll be a powerseller for long. 

Message 5 of 103
latest reply

Well, look at the bright side - as a seller, you can't even to leave a neg, at all!  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 103
latest reply

Just to play the devil's advocate, are you sure they actually weren't happy with the sale price? Maybe their excuse is legitimate, if not necessarily valid. Not to say that you aren't entitled to leave whatever feedback you want, but I hate seeing people jump to conclusions.

I went to ship a headlight a few days ago that had been sold and noticed a crack that I swear wasn't there when I listed it. Not sure if an employee knocked it off a shelf and didn't tell me or if I just genuinely missed it. Tried contacting the buyer, tried finding a replacement. No dice on either. Ended up cancelling and refunding, with an offer that if they ever needed anything else that I had in stock I would get it to them at my cost. I deserve the defect in the seller metrics, and I'll take whatever feedback I get, but sometimes, mistakes happen. I'd hate to get a negative because they thought I was trying to get a better price.

Message 7 of 103
latest reply

All of my buyers have been fabulous. I sell in a very low risk category. Not once have I ever considered leaving less than positive feedback for them. In that respect, I'm extremely fortunate.

🙂

Message 8 of 103
latest reply

Maybe a whipping post for buyers that cancel purchases or don't pay should also be instituted!

Message 9 of 103
latest reply

And this is why 20 year sellers like me are leaving in droves. YES seller should not make a mistake. NO you shouldnt feel so entitled that you magically know the reason they canceled. NO you shouldnt feel so entitled that you should get to use the sellers reputation as cannon fodder instantly when you dont get exactly what you want , how , and when. We sellers get the **bleep** end of every single stick here. Pay all the fees. Deal with **bleep** scams and returns with no protection. Sellers are the only ones who get negative feedback. Guess what happens when buyers win an auction and dont pay? No negative. We have to wait upwards of over a week for non paying bidder cases to close just to relist and can do not one thing about it. But you feel entitled to trash someone and are here irate because you have to wait a few days to do so. Lol. This is so not the world of our parents generation.
Message 10 of 103
latest reply

You have over 200 items listed - small odd parts that could easily get misplaced. I'd be willing to cut you some slack. She only has a couple dozen household, collectible, and clothing items listed. 

In this instance, the seller lowered the auction price by $10 each time she relisted it (so it wasn't some autorelist she didn't know about), but kept the original free shipping on the listing. I'm positive that was a mistake. You could barely ship the items for my winning price. I was even willing to pay shipping, but was not given the chance. At the onset, I had a feeling she would back out of the sale.

Message 11 of 103
latest reply

I think what some sellers feel is that, even though the seller may have lowered the price, not all sellers go and inspect each item when a listing has finished and it just relisted.  She may have sold it and not remembered or realized that it was THAT piece she sold.

Just a thought, though.  Smiley Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 103
latest reply

I'm a seller, too - 22 years - and think your tone is a bit harsh. Maybe it's all in the attitude. People like you who aren't happy, should leave the site.  Maybe you're just having a bad day, but your post is 10x more irate than mine was.

I have a legitimate complaint. I'm sorry to hear you expect buyers to just roll over and take it when seller's don't follow through on their sales. I'm also sorry to hear you have non paying buyers.

Not sure how old you are (or how old you think I am) with that parent's generation comment, but if my parents were alive they'd be almost 90.

Message 13 of 103
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Maybe a whipping post for buyers that cancel purchases or don't pay should also be instituted!

LOL We're just talking about feedback, not corporal punishment. Perspective people, perspective! 

Message 14 of 103
latest reply

You have a legit complaint but if you leave a neg instead of a nuetral because of an ebay policy (which you agree to by using the site)you are punishing someone for something they had no control over.Would you want to be so punished?

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 15 of 103
latest reply