cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revised invoice

Ebay has changed their invoicing and I can no longer send a revised invoice. This is particularly important to us since we sell art and prices for shipment vary greatly depending on location, size of box, with frame or without or shipped rolled in a tube. There is no longer a way to revise the invoice. This page has just changed in the past week. I spoke with ebay and they gave me no solution to the problem. In the past week I sold a painting that will be delivered in person since the buyer lives close by. The shipping on ebay is almost $70. I can not revise it to $0, so ebay collects 10% of $70 on the transaction, or $7.00 from me. Another piece sold and I am shipping it in a tube. The shipping on ebay was $121.00. I am able to ship it for $30. Ebay is collecting $12 on the shipping, when it should be $3.00. How do I revise the invoice. I went through the old way and the link does not exist. On the new invoice there is no way to change the shipping. Has anyone else ran into this problem. I don't believe it matters but I do not accept PayPal .

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Revised invoice

I'm assuming you are in Ebay managed payments, since merchant accounts are no longer approved by ebay, I believe?  Have you asked on their special board?

The only thing I can think of, is to make the agreement (decision) on shipping after the sale, ask the buyer to cancel and then relist with that specific shipping.....and let them buy again.

That said, I believe ebay, if you call them,  will credit the fee overage if you do a refund for shipping, but how you can do that (and have it show to them) without paypal, I don't know.

If no good answer appears, I think I would contact ebay for business facebook page and see if they can't help you figure out something.........

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm assuming the buyers have paid if you can't revise the invoice?

If they haven't paid, you CAN still send an invoice with adjusted shipping. I did 2 yesterday.

The only real option imho would be to come to an agreement with the buyers to ask them to agree to cancel the transactions and then relist and tell them NOT to pay until you send the revised invoice OR relist with correct shipping (for your buyers) and Best Offer with a stupid high price and tell them to send their offer for the original price.

There's always a way to defur a feline.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Here is how I did it this morning, 7/23/19. This was on a multiple-unit order for which I had already sent an invoice. In this case, the dropdown that includes "send invoice" disappears from the dropdown next to the product itself and moves into the dropdown next to the "print shipping label" link.

1. Go to Orders/Awaiting payment/Manage orders awaiting payment.

2. Under "Results," look at the top of the column on the left.

3. At the top of the column, there is a drop-down just to the right of the "Print shipping label" link.

4. Click on "Send invoice" in that dropdown.

5. Revise the invoice.

6. Send.

I used this process just this morning.

Mike

Message 4 of 4
latest reply