cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise a listing = disappears from your store..

Just a warning to everyone.. seems there's a glitch within the system right now where if you make a revision to your listing it will completely disappear from your store and also completely disappear from the search... Even if your search for it by item number..

Here's an example if you want proof: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373971113505

Try searching by item number, or try searching for it in my store.. it has vanished like Houdini.

Needless to say I won't touch another listing anytime soon. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

When you revise a listing, it has to be re-indexed. Depending on the category, this can take up to 24 hours; you revised that listing just half an hour ago. Try to be patient.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for trying to help me out my friend. I’ve been selling for 18 years, and to be honest I’m quite familiar with the search indexing. I’ve honestly never seen it just completely remove your listing from eBay when you do a revision. It’s always kept the listing visible, but each revision does “ding” your search placement a bit. I’ve never seen it to where it disappears from your store entirely, and also unsearchable even when searching eBay by it’s item #.

I’ve been selling on eBay as a full time job for over a decade, 365, 7 days a week. This is a first 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

It HAS to be removed so the buyer does not see any misleading information from the original listing you posted.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@sneaker-jesus   I Ended 2 listings and Relisted them in a different format, they are still there.  I did 5 new listings about an hour ago and they are still there ... how soon after listing did you notice the items were gone?

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I noticed my listing disappeared from the search and from my store about 5 minutes after revising it.. it’s been about 12 hours since it disappeared this morning.

I just got off the phone with customer service. The representative said he’s been with Ebay for three years and gets this call about once every 90 days. He said it is extremely rare, but sometimes the system will take your listing down for a day or so. Then it will magically pop back up in your store and in the search about a day later. In all my years I’ve never seen it do this to me, but there’s always a first time for everything. Hopefully my listing will reappear again tomorrow.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@sneaker-jesus wrote:

I noticed my listing disappeared from the search and from my store about 5 minutes after revising it.. it’s been about 12 hours since it disappeared this morning.

I just got off the phone with customer service. The representative said he’s been with Ebay for three years and gets this call about once every 90 days. He said it is extremely rare, but sometimes the system will take your listing down for a day or so. Then it will magically pop back up in your store and in the search about a day later. In all my years I’ve never seen it do this to me, but there’s always a first time for everything. Hopefully my listing will reappear again tomorrow.

Well @sneaker-jesus  I thought I had heard everything ... not so, so thanks for that.  I have had ghost Relistings of Sold items that actually sold again ... THAT is a challenge to get worked out but it happens.

So, I guess we queue the Jeopardy theme song for the next 24 and see what happens ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I’ll take “where’d my listing go” for 1,000 Alex…. 😎

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@sneaker-jesus wrote: ... . The representative said he’s been with Ebay for three years and gets this call about once every 90 days. He said it is extremely rare, but sometimes the system will take your listing down for a day or so. Then it will magically pop back up in your store and in the search about a day later....

I just checked and the listing is now showing up both as a title search and when searching on the listing number. So whether it's magic or indexing, it's back.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@sneaker-jesus wrote:

I just got off the phone with customer service. The representative said he’s been with Ebay for three years and gets this call about once every 90 days. He said it is extremely rare, but sometimes the system will take your listing down for a day or so. Then it will magically pop back up in your store and in the search about a day later.

To be fair you did not mention that the revision history for that item shows multiple revisions - 2 to 3 revisions A DAY - that listing shows 17 revisions this month alone including 2 yesterday - which for a big-ticket high-scam item like Jordans might be triggering a higher level of scrutiny.

At the risk of going off-topic I am puzzled by some contradictions in the listing. The Returns section says 'This item is final sale and cannot be returned' although the description text begins with '100% Authentic or Your Money Back Guaranteed' (in red). Although you seem to be leaning on the authentication process to guarantee authenticity its possible that a buyer could read that as being returnable when in fact it is not.

You also have several disclaimers about box condition including this one suggesting that if the box arrives with damage it is somehow the responsibility of the buyer? 'In order to pass authentication, the buyer assumes all responsibility in the event there are factory flaws, defects, or imperfections when it comes to the shoes. The buyer also assumes all responsibility in the event there is damage to the shoe box, or box lid.'

How could that be - especially if the shoes are technically not returnable anyway so that blaming the buyer for a damaged return would not be necessary?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Good day dear Sir/Madam,

I have a similar issue with my listing. I have listed it day before yesterday and I recently needed to make some change on listing upon my client’s request. That was in yesterday night (GMT 5:30+ Colombo time)  and my listing suddenly disappeared when I submitted. I’ve had 6 listing before and now it’s 5. Even in the drafts it’s not there.

please help me with what to do. I’m a new seller. I have a pending customer.

thanks a lot!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The original message here is from 03/29/22.

If you have a similar issue and would like help, please start a new thread.  Many of us don't even look at older posts because we figure the problem has been solved by now.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

that poster is NARU.......

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@amk_enterprise1 

I see no listings at all on this ID.  You are also no longer a registered user.  That could be the problem. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Ivory tooth pendants and 'glock' water guns. Not at all surprising.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 16
latest reply