cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity Guarantee not showing up

Listed a pair of shoes for $400 with a buy it now of $600 and for some reason "Authenticity Guarantee" is not showing up on my listing. I sold a pair of shoes last week for just under 300 and they were authenticated. Any idea why they wouldn't be authenticated?  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@demianjf 

"Lot" listings are not eligible for authenticity guarantee. This is supposed to apply when you are selling several pairs of shoes in one listing, but you have the word "lot" in the title, so that is probably making them ineligible. Try revising  the title and removing the word "lot".

eBay Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers | eBay.com

image.png

EDIT: OK, that is worth a try, but it might not work. I see several other listings that include the word "lot" but are in Authenticity Guarantee. I noticed that most of them say something like "lot 13 of 50" so maybe you should try wording it like that.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

What category do you have them listed in??

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@demianjf 

Maybe it's the brand?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Not a shoe shopper, but, if I were, for that price, I think I'd want to see more than one picture of the 

actual shoe.  

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Maybe it's the brand?

The brand is fine.

The following sneaker brands are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee:

• Nike

I have a feeling that OP may have them listed in the wrong category.

• Sneakers must be listed in the men's or women's athletic shoe categories
  • Sneakers specified as customized will not be authenticated.
    • A sneaker is deemed to be "Customized" if it has been modified from its original state
    • Examples of this include shoes with personalized elements, custom artwork, or any modifications that did not come with the original sneaker
  • Accessories such as laces will not be authenticated if they are noted in the listing as replacements​
    • In such cases, the condition of accessories would instead be verified against the listing

To be eligible, sneakers must be sold on ebay.com to a buyer with a US, Canadian or Australian shipping address. Listings where the delivery is local pickup, in-store pickup, or being shipped to a PO box will not be eligible

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Listings where the delivery is local pickup, in-store pickup, or being shipped to a PO box will not be eligible

This last part makes it sound like the authenticity guarantee display may consider the BUYER as well as the listing. 

Not sure if this matters in your case, but something to consider. 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

The active listing is for Nike............

What he sold was Jordan............

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Yeah, Nike should be covered. I updated the category, and still no luck.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I'm only offering shipping no pickups or PO boxes

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

But Nike should also be covered that why I'm confused.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@demianjf wrote:

Yeah, Nike should be covered. I updated the category, and still no luck.

When I look at your Nike listing, it still says: 

Listed in category: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men > Men's Shoes > Men's Casual Shoes

According to the post by dbfolks166mt, that category is not covered by the Authenticity Guarantee. 

Just reporting what I see. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Hmm i tried updating the category numerous times but still did not get authenticity guarantee. I went ahead and created a new listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/334525079374 but still no luck. Any insight would be much appreciated thanks!

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@demianjf 

"Lot" listings are not eligible for authenticity guarantee. This is supposed to apply when you are selling several pairs of shoes in one listing, but you have the word "lot" in the title, so that is probably making them ineligible. Try revising  the title and removing the word "lot".

eBay Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers | eBay.com

image.png

EDIT: OK, that is worth a try, but it might not work. I see several other listings that include the word "lot" but are in Authenticity Guarantee. I noticed that most of them say something like "lot 13 of 50" so maybe you should try wording it like that.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

The active listing is for Nike............

What he sold was Jordan............

Both brads fall under the authenticity guarantee of brands. 

The following sneaker brands are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee:

• Nike
  • Adidas
  • Jordans
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

OP now has a bid on the listing so they will pretty much have to ride out the auction. They may want to try and contact eBay through the Facebook connection to see if they can figure out what happened. Call in support is pretty much useless these days. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply