cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise Item - Ebay then CHANGES the PRICE

Anyone having issues where you list an item, then go to revise say the picture for a better one...  When i submit and review my listing, eBay changes my auction starting price from what i had originally.  Anyone have this issue?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Revise Item - Ebay then CHANGES the PRICE

@goodluckselling 

eBay charges a final value fee based on the highest bid. We used to get one freebie a year, but I don't know if that's still in place. The updated policy page is vague about fees - the old one was more specific.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/cancelling-listing?id=4146

You can end your auction listing early, if:

• There are no bids yet on your item
  • There are bids on your item, and you are willing to sell your item to the current highest bidder
  • There are bids on your item and you don't want to sell it to the highest bidder, but there are 12 or more hours left in the listing. In this situation, you'll need to cancel all active bids before you can end your listing. We charge a fee for ending a listing in this way
Good night and good luck
Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toysgames12 wrote:

Anyone having issues where you list an item, then go to revise say the picture for a better one...  When i submit and review my listing, eBay changes my auction starting price from what i had originally.  Anyone have this issue?

Hi @toysgames12, I just wanted to confirm that this is now resolved. I apologize for any trouble this caused and thank you for touching base with us!

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

This is happening to me as we speak! Ebay keeps dropping my auction starting bids!

This needs to be fixed NOW!

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous- The problem continues? Please refer to the above post.

Good night and good luck
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shamrock454 wrote:

This is happening to me as we speak! Ebay keeps dropping my auction starting bids!

This needs to be fixed NOW!

Hi @shamrock454, can you give some more specific details? Item numbers and item price changes will help to determine what might be going on.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Today's ebay "glitch" as they are so innocently called, usually is tomorrow's policy. 

How do these "glitches" happen as they never benefit the seller, and never hit ebay in the wallet? 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Yep!!!  I hada $44 item changed to $2.10.  

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Well, it IS almost April.

Anyone else sensing "more good news for sellers?"

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Anyone else sensing "more good news for sellers?"

Wasn't there a glitch a while back that was declared a "cosmetic" glitch where users where apparently charged .35 for a "revision" or something of the sort?  It was never added to your bill....then.   Probably will  be a new fee for ending early, too, to take care of all those GTC's that auto roll over, to reduce seller anxiety over the situation.  

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

And then the "glitch" where newly-listed BINs were all GTC....where ebay denied ALL knowledge of any change.

Only to announce the "good news" a week later.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

And then the "glitch" where newly-listed BINs were all GTC..

They stuck that in the mobile app and quick listing tool first.  

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@auronar7 wrote:

And then the "glitch" where newly-listed BINs were all GTC....where ebay denied ALL knowledge of any change.

Only to announce the "good news" a week later.

It wasn't even a week, LOL.  More like

Friday: eBay Blue says it's a glitch and there's no info that this in the works.

Tuesday: eBay: Welcome to our new policy!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Within the last hour:

Item: 323734197490

MEN'S DENIM AND FLOWER RICKY SINGH SS BUTTON DOWN SHIRT SIZE MED FLAMINGO EUC!

Opening bid was 5.99 I believe.

Come back an hour later and Ebay has changed it to 1.60!  Why????

This is really frustrating. I have to write down what my starting bid was, because after an hour, I've done 5 more listings and don't remember what I listed it for after looking at comps.

It's hard enough to supplement my family's income on Ebay, I'd rather not be forced to sell an item for less than I paid for it.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Yes, happen to me AND still happening. eBay is the one changing the price and making many many more changes to sellers accounts TO COLLECT ADDITIONAL FEES . SELLERS DOUBLE TRIPLE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS EVERY DAY!!!

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 30 of 30
latest reply