cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

I am a longtime eBay seller and buyer since 1997 and need advice about a recent sale. Sold a sterling silver tea set and received payment immediately from buyer. My return policy is 14 days however on the 14th day and after I had left a positive feedback the buyer started a return stating item was not as described. I checked his seller page and saw that he had listed the tea set that he purchased from me for twice the amount that he paid for 28 days { eBay has extended the return time due to the Coronavirus}.

I reported the buyer and received a standard email stating that eBay would look into it { they have not}. The buyer/ seller is obviously hoping that the tea set will sell before the return time is up. This is a first for me and I am at a loss to know what to do. I have not contacted the buyer/ seller because I do not see the point- he wins either way ! What I need to know is if this shady practice allowed and if so why ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Returns

Not only is it allowed but its encouraged. Ebay makes money on shipping both ways.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That's ridiculous, if your buyer has put up for sale the same item he has open a case of SNAD that is clearly fraud but... Ebay will do nothing, they will not look at the evidence and you will only feel frustration and sadness so don't even waste any more time or effort on this line of thinking.

Me, I have a sense of humor.

If this were my situation I would buy it.

Now it is a game two can play.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If he's filed a not as described, just simply agree to the return.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@rowley-common 

...with all the suggestions from helpful posters below, please update your result of this genius game later...

...oh I can't wait for the outcomes...many thanks in advance...!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Looks like the tea set sold.  I wondered if  he will try to get a discount from you in exchange for keeping the NID  item??

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Excellent point- eBay makes money when sellers offer free shipping because most sellers will increase the price of the item to offset the cost of shipping.  Big Fat Final Fee on each sale.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Excellent point- eBay makes money when sellers offer free shipping because most sellers will increase the price of the item to offset the cost of shipping.  Big Fat Final Fee on each sale.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I am honestly not feeling any emotions regarding this situation { been there done that}. I really just wanted to share the situation and hopefully expose a scam.
I'm not sure how buying the tea set back would help me financially.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

eBay has already agreed to the return, remember the buyer is always right !

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I have it on my watch list and the tea set hasn't as yet sold although he did reduce it by $100.00. Time is running out and he will have to return it -or as you said will try to get a discount for keeping it { No Way} !
Message 11 of 11
latest reply