cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Account ?

I am providing this information to go on record detailing the gross neglect by eBay regarding my account, which I have had for over 20 years, thousands of transactions with 100% feedback.

Three months ago, July 2023,  my account was restricted by eBay. No one could give me a reason why, only that it was under review. I requested that it be reinstated, only to be told I need proof of who I was. I provided the requested proof of identity and proof of address, which has not changed for 20 years. I have made over 9 phone calls to eBay to inquire why my account was restricted, No one could give me an answer nor could they refer me to who could. I want everyone who reads this to understand that eBay is not interested in our experience with them, only the fees they charge. We, the members, are who made them and now they throw you under the bus.

I have again been on the phone with a customer service rep who has authority to correct this issue, only to be passed off again to another rep who can not connect me to someone who can resolve this issue. Terrible service on the part of eBay......They have what is legally known as consumer liability. Take advantage of it and dont be smoozed by their irresponsible handling of members concerns. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Restricted Account ?

@ogaugeminiaturefigures wrote:

I had an issue in the beginning, My eBay did not have my middle initial and my bank account did so therefor it did not match.

That is a legit issue and many have had it.  But in this case it is the products they sell, not the quality or correctness of the info in their MP account.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Sorry, to come in now. How long did this take to resolve. Same thing happened to me. They've held thousands in funds and delisted all my items. I found receipts or paperwork for most items, but when you have a lot of listings its crazy. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

My eBay account hold remove

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@suthi_411 

Was your Payoneer account approved to sell on eBay? Did eBay not approve your account? Did you even apply for a Payoneer account? Have you had an account that has been prior suspended? If so, this one will also be suspended.  Not a lot of info here to go on so just taking some reasons into consideration why your account is restricted.  Sorry.  Unfortunately no one here has the power or the authority to restore your account.  Contact eBay per the help & contact link at the top of the page. 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply