cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request total from seller not available on smart phone?

I have a potential customer that wants to buy multiple items from a smart phone.  I told him to Add to cart all the items and then click the Request total from seller button, then I would send him an invoice.  He says he doesn't have that option.  I know this was a problem before with a phone.  Is this really still an issue, and if so why won't ebay fix it?  Is there any other option?

What about using Buy It Now on all the items a  buyer wants, but not paying?  Won't I be notified by ebay?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Request total from seller not available on smart phone?

Still an issue.  I don't know why.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rschissler wrote:

I have a potential customer that wants to buy multiple items from a smart phone.  I told him to Add to cart all the items and then click the Request total from seller button, then I would send him an invoice.  He says he doesn't have that option.  I know this was a problem before with a phone.  Is this really still an issue, and if so why won't ebay fix it?  Is there any other option?

What about using Buy It Now on all the items a  buyer wants, but not paying?  Won't I be notified by ebay?

As of a few days ago, I think I encountered this same problem when trying to complete the purchase of two separate BuyItNows ASAP, before someone else discovered them. I was stuck at lunch at that moment with no eBay access other than my smartphone running the eBay app. My usual, preferred third-party mobile app can't handle Immediate Payment Required listings... and could that be why I couldn't find a Request Invoice either?

I ended up just buying them separately to close the deals, and then sending a polite note explaining how I could not find a way of requesting a combined invoice (which the listings did offer), and asking if the seller could do it retroactively with some combined-shipping discount. He very kindly did.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

What about using Buy It Now on all the items a  buyer wants, but not paying?

Sometimes that will work.   Often, even if the seller has NOT selected immediate payment required, ebay will not allow the "commit to buy, put it in cart" scenario.  I bought some things today, and always check to see if there ar other things I might want from the seller.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. 

I was using a PC, not a mobile app. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I find now that ever since they updated the app the last time, even when I'm on the alleged 'classic site' every time I try to do anything it slaps me back into the mobile version.

So sick of this bleep
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I don't understand why this can't be fixed?

A buyer has items in their shopping cart, but can't Request total from seller, so I can send an invoice?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I just think this is so ridiculous!  I verified this myself, by adding similar items from the same seller to my shopping cart, and the Request total is available on a computer buy not a phone!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It's been that way for quite a while.

So much for being mobile friendly

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply