cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sold items coming much later...cannot send invoices in the meantime

This has started happening in the last couple of months, more and more frequently. Item ends (all auctions), but I don't get an email that it sold, nor can I found it under sold items. If I go in through my listing manager (garagesale) I can see it sold and who the buyer is, but still no option to send the email. The buyer also does not see it show up under his purchased items, and I've had multiple emails already from buyers thinking they won something (and they did), but not receiving confirmation until 30-60 minutes later. At that point I can see the sold item as well, and send an invoice. 

Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Why are you sending invoices in the first place?  I used to do that until I found out that ebay does it automatically, so I stopped, as many buyers don't want to be inundated with messages via ebay.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

maybe he's sending a combined invoice for multiple purchases, like varying weights being shipped together so it has to be figured manually. Otherwise... I don't know why one would send invoices.

I never send an invoice, ebay does that for me. My combined orders don't change shipping as its a flat rate per order.

RIP my Kitty, my fur buddy; Gizmo. 4/9/19.
Seventeen years was not enough.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Mostly for combined invoice purposes. Many of my buyers are overseas and request specific shipping methods.

But it’s not just that I can’t send invoices. It seems buyers can’t see that they won the item either.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have had the exact same problem I had 24 auctions ending at the same time. Only 8 showed up in my awaiting payment . The rest  just disappeared. They ended up showing up in my awaiting payment section sporadically over the next few hours. The same thing happened to me again today. Im' getting emails from customers wondering what happened.  I called Ebay about this and their only response was, essentially, are you sure you ever actually listed those items. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When I called at least they opened a ticket request for IT to look at it and I gave them an item number as well...at least I'm not the only one
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@immortalfigures wrote:

I called Ebay about this and their only response was, essentially, are you sure you ever actually listed those items. 

Wow...if that weren't so sad it would be funny

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay is Ebay, that simple, why getting a heart attack about it? Smiley Wink

But, I see myself as a buyer. I want something, I bid, or buy it now, then I pay.  No need for the seller to remind me I have to pay. That's all. 

latest reply