cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting A Message Gone?

Can you no longer report abusive Ebay messages? I can't find an option anywhere in my messages to report. They haven't bought anything so I can't use the standard report options. I've blocked them but based on their history this should probably be reported.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@timerovertreasures wrote:

Can you no longer report abusive Ebay messages? I can't find an option anywhere in my messages to report. They haven't bought anything so I can't use the standard report options. I've blocked them but based on their history this should probably be reported.

No, you can no longer report another member through the messaging system. 

You can report a buyer only if you've had a transaction with him/her. Just ignore, meaning do not read or respond to, any of his/her messages.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@timerovertreasures 

What happened between you two can you share?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@timerovertreasures wrote:

No, you can no longer report another member through the messaging system. 

You can report a buyer only if you've had a transaction with him/her. Just ignore, meaning do not read or respond to, any of his/her messages.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I just go to eBays Facebook page and send them a message from there. I believe it goes to their customer service just like live chat. They will want the username, item number and title. I had a nonbuyer swear at me and had no other option but going through Facebook, eBay agreed that this should not happen in the community and told me they would take care of it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They would probably have to charge 10 cents per message to maintain that option.  They can't afford to pay anyone to do the reading, let alone understand what it means.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Old thread from 2021 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply