cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a buyer trying to get me to sell to him off ebay site

, This seller tried to buy an item from me off ebay without giving ebay its fee I said no i cant do that and he proceeded to say i was a bad seller and used rude language how do i report him for violating the ebay policy for trying to buy offline of ebay site? He said He has done it many times.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Report a buyer trying to get me to sell to him off ebay site

This is why I am very carefull with buyers that ask questions or make side offers.  They can turn on you the second they don't get their way.  The deck is stacked in favor of the buyers enough with out taking chances on crazy people.  The first thing I do when I get a question is look up the buyers feedback given.  If I see any signs of trouble I block them fast.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@skatesave wrotePaypal protects them, that is why those who are shady,  take the chance in doing so.

Having said that, I have had inquiries away from Paypal based on  Trading Products, Size of Shipments, etc.  that was done by buyers and sellers that had previously done business with me outside of eBay, prior to their inquiry about a specific auction that I was showing.

I think there is a limit to PayPal's protection too ... have read posts on the PayPal Community and odd how some of the stories could be posted here and you would think they are eBay claims ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Buyers are a crafty bunch!!

Don't discount the interest shown.  It happens.  ebays attempts at nipping it in the bud only serve to draw far more attention to it.  If someone is interested in your item, they're gonna find a way to do so.  Sure.  You can BBL the user ID.  No big deal.  Probably one the "buyer" uses to probe with anyway, and not really one of his buying IDs.

As for the rudeness..........yeah.  Internet tends to distinguish that respect and good manners flame that SHOULD burn in all.  Brush it off!  Step outside.  Listen to a bird chirp.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@skatesave wrote:

@lighthouse_foundation wrote:

You're absolutely right. Any time a buyer wants to change the terms of the sale he is trying to scam you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nonsense.

Have you ever carried a bag?

I am going to respectfully disagree and stand by my belief that any time a buyer wants to change the terms of the sale, he is trying to scam you. It's just my opinion from over ten years on eBay operating two accounts with hundreds of transactions. Maybe I'm being shortsighted and overly suspicious. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply