cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished Jeans?????????????

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I see this. How do you refurbish jeans?20231223_181004.jpg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Denim is a heavy material, but I have used a sewing machine to stitch interior pockets which had torn open. Less successfully I have handsewn carriers back on to waistbands.
I have also added ironon patches to worn knees and crotches.

Not exactly 'refurbishing'but I have also either ironed or sewed on decorative appliques.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

lol.......in today's world, you tear them up some.........slashes, slits, throw some bleach various places and sell for 4x what they originally cost? 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I guess the younger generation wore out "VINTAGE" for their main keyword, so they are trying some new keywords that they don't know the definitions of.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@goldrushfinds wrote:

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I see this. How do you refurbish jeans?

Looks like a customer return to a clothing store. Rather than wholesale them off they probably wash them, put fresh tags on them and put them back on sale.

Given the price of those Levis they probably figure they lose less money as a store return if they hang on to them and try to sell them again.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Back in my day we couldn't even buy brand new holy jeans we had to tie our brand new clothes to a tree and feed them .22 cal and some 410s ...then they were ready for roller skating lock in!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Back in the 70s there was a counterculture fashion magazine called Rags which "roadtested" jeans.

Tests included dragging them behind a truck, dumping dry ice on them,  soaking them in mud, then washing and seeing how they held up.

Fun magazine. I sold my copies on eBay at the turn of the millennium and wish I hadn't.

Just found a copy for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276158653429?hash=item404c56a3f5:g:9XQAAOSwiv5lTTra&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwO...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@goldrushfinds wrote:

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I see this. How do you refurbish jeans?

Good thing that's not from eBay. It was bad enough when eBay was advertising "refurbished" condoms and diapers on this site when sellers chose open box condition. Anybody remember that? Do not want to see eBay inappropriately applying "refurbished" again.

That screenshot appears to be from Google Shopping results? Jeans are listed on a random retailer site hosted by Shopify that sells used Levis.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

lol.......in today's world, you tear them up some.........slashes, slits, throw some bleach various places and sell for 4x what they originally cost? 

Mmmm... okay, not addressing anyone in particular here, but I think we may be confusing "distressed" with "refurbished" in this conversation. Distressing is the process of making the item look old and used; Refurbishing is an attempt to make it look new and unused.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I just did a search for refurbish jeans.  OMGoodness.

and some of the pictures.

I know of

Repaired Jeans

Pre-owned/ Used

Distressed Jeans

Upcycled Jeans

or reused jeans for wall insulation and such.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

How the fashion world has changed.  When I was a kid, and I graduated HS in 1951, feel free to do the math, if someone has shown up with jeans in the ripped out knees condition, his classmates would have surreptitiously taken up a collection to buy him some new ones.

And I say "his" because at that time, only boys were pants of any kind to school.  

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I remember in my school years we were not allowed to wear jeans to school and girls were not allowed to wear pants except during very cold weather.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Refurbished just wouldn't do for a particular used jeans buyer over on .uk. In a long thread they complained that a lot of sellers never answered their questions and some seemed to block them when they enquired about the jeans they were selling. Apparently they would only buy unwashed jeans. It didn't matter if they were badly torn or not just that they had to be unwashed.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply