cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Final Notice from Ebay to update - question about bids on item

I have very few listings and I'm fine with ebay removing what I have left, in fact, I'll probably go in in a few minutes and lower prices on my remaining BINs in hopes they sell in the remaining time I have left.

What happens to my one auction which currently has 2 bids and isn't due to end for another 2 days?   Does it just disappear?  Are the bidders given the option to finalize the sale?  

For now, I've decided not to list anything else.  I am not comfortable linking my ebay account to my bank account.  Also,  I find the increase in theft troubling and will just get worse as the scammers get bolder.  

Thank you and good luck to all the remaining sellers.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Received my Final Notice from Ebay to update - question about bids on item

@*graydog wrote:

What happens to my one auction which currently has 2 bids and isn't due to end for another 2 days?   Does it just disappear?  

With Ebay, you never know what they'll do.

It should go to the end and if the buyer pays, the funds should go to your Pay Pal account.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

The listings you have will go on as usual.  But the proceeds from those sales will be in held "limbo" until you comply and sign up for managed payments. If you don't sign up for MP you wont get paid. 

If you don't want this to happen, cancel all bids and cancel all listings BEFORE they end. 

The auction they have going now will still be paid through Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@*graydog wrote:

Stainlessenginecovers, so then I should probably end the auction early?  contact the winner to pay immediately if they want the item?

I'm not signing up on the managed payments as I do not plan to sell anything in the near future.  

Your auction is still on Pay Pal, if the buyer pays, it'll go to your Pay Pal account.

Have a great day
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@newdealpawn wrote:

Does it take them 6 days process Home Depots sales proceeds? 

Depends on how the buyer pays.

If they use an American Express card, I've seen it take almost two weeks before American Express would release the funds.

Have a great day
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Guessing not. 
When we had our B &M store, it was usually the next day deposit for credit card payments. 

Sadly, Home Depot doesn’t even need it as much as most of us!

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

"when you order a Big Mac and use your credit card"

LOL, do people actually do that?

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

How long have you been on MP ?

I know some sellers say the fee's are slightly less, others say slightly more and some haven't noticed a difference.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I am so baffled that you do not want to give your info and end selling on #eBay. When you sign up with #Paypal you have to give your bank info... There are so many platforms to which you have to give out your social and whatnot. You will have trouble getting paid once the #bids are final unless you delete the listing because eBay is no longer working with Paypal and they will not have a way to pay you...

Live life as if it were created just for you
MAYA ANGELOU
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

"When you sign up with #Paypal you have to give your bank info"

there is no requirement to have a bank account to use Paypal. Many do not have one, and not everyone has had to surrender their SSN either.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply