cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Final Notice from Ebay to update - question about bids on item

I have very few listings and I'm fine with ebay removing what I have left, in fact, I'll probably go in in a few minutes and lower prices on my remaining BINs in hopes they sell in the remaining time I have left.

What happens to my one auction which currently has 2 bids and isn't due to end for another 2 days?   Does it just disappear?  Are the bidders given the option to finalize the sale?  

For now, I've decided not to list anything else.  I am not comfortable linking my ebay account to my bank account.  Also,  I find the increase in theft troubling and will just get worse as the scammers get bolder.  

Thank you and good luck to all the remaining sellers.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Received my Final Notice from Ebay to update - question about bids on item

Scammers are everywhere on the internet.   I have by far more problems on Amazon than I do here.   It is all part of the cost of doing business.

Ebay will not have your checking account or access to it.    All Ebay has or sees in the last four digits of your Checking account.  The same holds for your SSN.

Aryden, one of the largest and most secure CC companies has access to them.    Etsy,  Home Depot,  Dicks Sporting Goods and hundreds of companies use Aryden and they have never had a breach

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Any items you have up for auction will remain showing, remainder of the time stays the same. When a bidder wins, they will pay you and you have to ship it. You will not get your $ for that sale as it will be held until you give ebay the info for ebay to pay you. 

All info about the 'processor' (Adyen) is correct..Adyen has your info- same as you had to give to PP when you first started selling. 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

The listings you have will go on as usual.  But the proceeds from those sales will be in held "limbo" until you comply and sign up for managed payments. If you don't sign up for MP you wont get paid. 

If you don't want this to happen, cancel all bids and cancel all listings BEFORE they end. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Hmm, if you're really willing to call it quits and you won't get paid for the last auction item remaining why not just cancel that last auction along with the other four items?  It's not as if closing a live auction item will affect your resume'.

The answer to how you get paid is ebay will have to mail you a check.  Like that's going to happen because they are so overburdened with creating new rules they will claim they don't know how to cut a check and mail it to a former seller.  Ebay does not need anything but your name and address to send a paper check as final payment but don't hold your breath.

When it's time to go you better pick up your future garage sale goods including the one auction item at risk and move along. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Stainlessenginecovers, so then I should probably end the auction early?  contact the winner to pay immediately if they want the item?

I'm not signing up on the managed payments as I do not plan to sell anything in the near future.  

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Yes, when you end the auction early you will have to choose between (1) sell to the current high bidder or (2) cancel all bids and end with no sale.  

Then you could alert the winning bidder about the early ending, congratulating him on his win. Maybe there's some way to encourage prompt payment without sounding threatening or desperate. Like mention that if he pays right away you can ship before the weekend.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Yes, you can end auctions early, but you cannot contact winners at that time as buyers/sellers are not allowed to operate outside of ebay. If you have a reserve you will pay those fees. 

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I decided to just end all auctions that did not have a bid.  

I also contacted the high bidder on my one remaining item to see if they are agreeable to paying by

this evening if I end the auction early.  

This was a "hobby" account.  Mostly got rid of things I no longer wanted to collect or things my

kids no longer wanted that were sellable.   I've pretty much been going through my home the last few years and purging so many things, many of which ended up here.   Simplifying my life and making a little money on the side.  Now it's time to move on.  

Thanks for reading. 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Good luck to you! 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

You can end an auction and sell to the high bidder at any time.

You most certainly can contact that bidder as it's an eBay transaction, not sure what that post was going on about. 

I do not understand this great fear of giving to eBay's payment processor the same information you gave to Paypal, who has a very dubious track record over the years.  But do what you need to do.  I welcome less competition.  When you have the only example of an item listed you can get more money for it.  When there's ten of them listed you have to sell it for nothing to move it out. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Glad to see you are allowing your final listing to run its course before you leave Ebay.

Your concern is unfounded, and is most likely just a knee-jerk reaction to Ebay's necessary changes. You can open a second account for only Ebay's use. You don't have to use any of your existing accounts. Ebay simply wants a banking account information so they have a depository to send your sales proceeds - similar to PayPal that you probably use now.

Education:

Ebay uses extremely secure Adyen for their processing, which is used by hundreds of businesses worldwide from McDonalds to Airlines, to many other online commerce marketplaces including Etsy and Home Depot. You don't hesitate to pay at McDonalds when you order a Big Mac and use your credit card, do you?

The Federal Government also REQUIRES a SSN from third-party online sellers to make sure their sales are being reported as 1099-K income for end-of-year income tax purposes, and Ebay must conform to this, as other online venues must also. Currently the yearly threshold for this is $20,000, but MIGHT go down to as low as $600 this coming year.

The vast majority of Ebay sellers who accept, adjust, and adapt to Managed Payments on Ebay have seen things going smoothly. With almost a thousand sales since joining MP, we have had absolutely no hitches in our own business here since linking our bank account and SSN. Yes, we choose to wait until the following Tuesday for the automatic transfer of funds into our bank account, but we have adjusted, and most business models can easily accept and adjust to that. We don't have the extra bureaucracy of PayPal in the way, either.

Joining Ebay MP is optional... if you don't want to, you have the freedom to move on to another online marketplace that has only a tiny fraction of domestic US and worldwide coverage that Ebay has. Think it through completely before unnecessarily jumping ship over a knee-jerk reaction and misunderstanding of the big picture. What you're doing is unnecessary, unless you are completely done with selling anything online in the future.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

We have pretty much been doing the same.

You can open an online checking account pretty easily.

You don’t need to share your primary account info with eBay.

We didn’t sign up either. 
Too much going on with eBay, the new seller hub, new payment system, 

Postage has gotten higher & it seemed like less in our pockets all the time. It’s not fun, 

Felt like a good time to stop.

Good luck! 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Does it take them 6 days process Home Depots sales proceeds? 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

You eBay cheerleaders can tote the party line if you like, but we are gonna MISS alot the folks that mp caused to drag up , part time sellers who sell and then buy, any MONEY that STAYS ON SIGHT GOOD, ALOT MONEY leaving this site that way, promise eBay is gonna miss them.  Terrible roll out mp, than replacing email with the carrier pigeon on the payouts what did they think was gonna happen?? and the fee increases the FULL FFV ON shipping, the sales tax AND THAT sneakey "international" fee **bleep**.. Notice they took all the "sellers will pay less" **bleep** FEES went UP watches are at 15% again **bleep** all that **bleep** with the shoes is a FLOP.. People that sell high end watches DONT NEED the **bleep** eBay is rolling out ANOTHER FLOP. Alienating long term customers BAD BUSINESS even if their fears are UNFOUNDED.. They are still taking their MONEY elsewhere.. Big ball drop in my opinion, and numbers don't lie keep an eye on those quarterly earning statements, if I was the current leadership I wouldn't get to comfortable... 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply