cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebecca Michals on The Seller Community Podcast

eBay's Director of Seller Engagement Rebecca Michals was on The Seller Community Podcast this week to talk about eBay Open. 

Here's the transcripts and links to listen: https://listperfectly.com/new-episode/episode-24-ebay-open-online-2021-what-to-expect-from-the-bigge...

Or just go where you listen to podcasts and search "Seller Community Podcast."

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rebecca Michals on The Seller Community Podcast

Enjoyed the podcast---thanks!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

BTW, if you're not aware of us, check us out at https://listperfectly.com/podcast/.

Or find us anywhere you listen to podcasts.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Read the interview transcript. I am looking forward to ebay open, but was VERY disappointed to see this:

"Yes, we are planning to make SOME of the sessions available after the event on our eBay for Business channel on YouTube. We’ll take the sessions that we think are the most engaging. I mean, they’re all going to be great, but really the most engaging that we get the best feedback on and share those on our YouTube. ..."

SOME????

It's hard enough to choose which events to attend, but if I know ALL the events will be available to watch after the event, that makes it a lot easier. But ebay has made this into a huge (and not fun) guessing game: If I attend A instead of B, will B be available later? The answer is a big  MAYBE.

Come on, eBay, pull up your big boy pants and promise to make ALL events available for watching later. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Read the interview transcript. I am looking forward to ebay open, but was VERY disappointed to see this:

"Yes, we are planning to make SOME of the sessions available after the event on our eBay for Business channel on YouTube. We’ll take the sessions that we think are the most engaging. I mean, they’re all going to be great, but really the most engaging that we get the best feedback on and share those on our YouTube. ..."

SOME????

It's hard enough to choose which events to attend, but if I know ALL the events will be available to watch after the event, that makes it a lot easier. But ebay has made this into a huge (and not fun) guessing game: If I attend A instead of B, will B be available later? The answer is a big  MAYBE.

Come on, eBay, pull up your big boy pants and promise to make ALL events available for watching later. 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  absolutely agree with this!

If for whatever reason they don't want to put everything out on the public YouTube channel, I would hope they could at least archive everything somewhere that sellers who registered could access it all - even if just for a limited time (a week or two after the event?).

rebecca@ebay  - I know it's cutting things close timewise, but is there any way eBay could make all of the events available like this at least for sellers who registered? 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Rebecca, if you're reading this thread............remember also that some sellers have full time jobs.....and can't make the day times............

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@valueaddedresource Agreed 100%. If they can't provide all the videos to the public YouTube channel, at least give registered participants access to all of them, even if for a limited amount of time. Very good compromise. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

SOME????

If for whatever reason they don't want to put everything out on the public YouTube channel, I would hope they could at least archive everything somewhere that sellers who registered could access it all - even if just for a limited time (a week or two after the event?).

rebecca@ebay  - I know it's cutting things close timewise, but is there any way eBay could make all of the events available like this at least for sellers who registered? 

I know Rebecca is probably swamped getting ready for the event.  tyler@ebay  could you bump this up the ladder please?

It would be really awesome for registered sellers who can't make every event or those whose work schedules might conflict, not to mention there's always so much great information presented at these events that it's helpful to be able to go back and review even for those who are able to attend live. 😊

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

SOME????

I know Rebecca is probably swamped getting ready for the event.  tyler@ebay  could you bump this up the ladder please?

It would be really awesome for registered sellers who can't make every event or those whose work schedules might conflict, not to mention there's always so much great information presented at these events that it's helpful to be able to go back and review even for those who are able to attend live. 😊

Hi @valueaddedresource - I can't make promises, but I've been told that the majority of the sessions will be recorded and available post-Open!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

SOME????

Hi @valueaddedresource - I can't make promises, but I've been told that the majority of the sessions will be recorded and available post-Open!

Awesome, thank you tyler@ebay !

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

We did an eBay Open recap episode this week as well. Listen anywhere you listen to podcasts, links and transcript here: https://listperfectly.com/new-episode/episode-26-ebay-open-recap-seller-news-and-events/

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Enjoyed the podcast---thanks!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for listening @my-cottage-books-and-antiques!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply