cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to hide number sold from listing?

Okay, continuing where we left off, and just to bring us back up to speed from this previous thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-hide-number-sold-from-listing/m-p/33354782#M2112793 

@cr--deals wrote:

They need to change it so you CAN HIDE THE NUMBER SOLD.

Very easy for them to do so

GIVE US THE CHOICE TO DO IT OR NOT!

(Previous Message 21 of 24)

@slippinjimmy wrote:

For every seller that agrees with your position there is another seller that does not.

Personally I don't mind that it shows the number of previous sales. One thing I do not like is that eBay insists on adding "last one",  while it might encourage buyers to click the buy button it also leads to other buyers wondering why it says "last one" when the listing gets restocked a few hours later. I've had a few buyers that thought I was pulling some trick because "last one" was obviously not true.

(Previous Message 22 of 24)

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

As noted in the above discussion, you can easily hide the number sold: just end the listing, then relist.  The "Number sold" will re-set to zero and the listing will have a new listing number. You might have so use "Sell similar" rather than relist.

Most sellers, of most items, want that total to show because an extensive sales history gives them credibility with potential buyers.

(Previous Message 23 of 24)

For what it's worth, there is a Seller Preference setting that at least promises to put a cap on the displayed number available (I think it shows only a maximum of "10+" if activated, rather than your actual quantity), the second setting under the Multi-quantity listings section of the Selling Preferences page:

Selling_Prefs.jpg

Ref: https://www.ebay.com/uas/selling-pref 

I should say that 'm not sure how effective it really is. I know of one third-party eBay app that ignores that setting and shows you the full amount available anyway.

That switch above apparently sets a flag named DISPLAY_QUANTITY that apps can choose to ignore. Presumably eBay coding should respect that setting, although given their rather chaotic and disorganized development environment, it's entirely possible that some eBay programmers don't even know it exists.

@slippinjimmy wrote:
Personally I don't mind that it shows the number of previous sales. One thing I do not like is that eBay insists on adding "last one",  while it might encourage buyers to click the buy button it also leads to other buyers wondering why it says "last one" when the listing gets restocked a few hours later. I've had a few buyers that thought I was pulling some trick because "last one" was obviously not true.

I haven't had that problem myself, though I generally don't relist something that's sold out for at least a few days. (I prefer to wait until the last buyer has received his purchase.) TBH, I like seeing that "Last One" appear in the listing, as it frequently will stampede someone (watchers, I assume) into grabbing it. If I have more to relist, I'll generally set my quantity available to either 2 or 3, then run it a few days or a week later as a new listing via Sell Similar, rather than try to build a large quantity sold by just editing the old listing.

It seems to me that a listing showing 327 Sold doesn't really convey the same sense of urgency when 2 are still available, whereas a listing that's sold, say, 2 and has only 1 left can build a little buyer nervousness about whether any more are likely to appear. ‌‌😉

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0