cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rationale for blocking visibility of "Followers" list?

I have a few people following my store and would love to reward some of them with discounts if they buy from me...but eBay apparently doesn't allow me to view the list of my own followers? Why exactly is that, I know we have repeat buyers at least that helps but I also know from conversations with potential sellers that some are waiting for price drops or similar items to snag. Would be cool to track follower and follow dates...thanks again eBay for helping us out!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Try this link and see if you can accomplish what you desire.  You still won't see the buyer IDs.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/buyergroup

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@mam98031 

Do you need an eBay Store to do this, or can any seller use this?  

Is this a new feature for sellers that don't have an eBay Store?   

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

IDK, follow the instructions and see what happens.  Give it a test.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@gdrei2 wrote:

...but eBay apparently doesn't allow me to view the list of my own followers? Why exactly is that?

Spam prevention, I assume?

When it showed the names, made it too easy for unscrupulous sellers to do all sorts of things that a buyer might get annoyed with.

At least you can still see the total number.  That I LOVE seeing grow. 🙂  But do I need their names? Nah.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

OP doesn't have an eBay Store so it would be good to know.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I don't believe in sending coupons solely because someone is a follower. Instead, I would enable 'Best Offer' on Buy It Now (BIN) items. Interested followers can submit an offer at their convenience, without feeling spammed or pressured. This way, you're allowing potential buyers to take the initiative, while also respecting their time and privacy. Just my two cents.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I can't think of any rationale FOR seeing who's following you.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@wpt05 wrote:

OP doesn't have an eBay Store so it would be good to know.  

I'm sure it would be, but I can't give the answer to something I don't know the answer to.  If you have the answer then you can share.  Or you can go and search for the policy and that might help.  I answered honestly, not sure what more you want from me unless it is more research!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I'm sure it's b/c unscrupulous sellers would spam them with messages & offers.   We actually can send sanctioned spam to them via sending coupons to followers.  I believe we can also send our newsletters to them, but I'm not positive about that since I don't do newsletters.  I have sent coupons to them on occasion, as well as other groups, but I personally have not had a lot of success with coupons. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 10
latest reply