cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random partial shipping refund?

I just got a random email saying I got a partial shipping refund. I never even knew that I had a dispute case in the first place but eBay ruled in my favor. Very strange, has this happened before to any of you?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Random partial shipping refund?

Could the seller simply have given you the partial refund if they charged you to much for shipping? They went to send your item and found it cost less to ship then they stated in their ad. So they activated a case at seller end to give your money back the difference from shipping paid versus actual.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

To clarify, I am the seller who got a random partial refund on one of the items I shipped.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I just got the same email; PayPal said the original charge was on 10/5, so I have no idea what it would’ve been - I ship a lot of first class around what amount they refunded so it could’ve been anything. I found this thread searching for the same question. 

let me know if you find anything out. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I got my refund today but the item I shipped was last month. I know the item I shipped but I didnt expect a partial refund at all. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Could it be that you cancelled a label and printed a replacement? It takes a few weeks but the USPS will rebate the unused label amount.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Oh no, this is partial. The label I used was definitely used.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

As iart suggested, could be cancelled label.

Other possibility is that you overpaid for a shipping label, or at least the APV process (if USPS) thought you overpaid. I have been refunded twice for overpaying.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Overpaying is a possibility and it couldve been that, although I do greatly dispute that I overpaid given the box. Probably an error on eBay's part.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@jasonolasc_4 

I'm with @buyselljack2016. I think something you shipped USPS was possibly lighter that what you paid for. I've had both credits and debits... admittedly very rarely, but a credit is a pleasant surprise these days!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

The APV system, which uses special equipment at sorting centers, is designed to detect overpaid or underpaid postage; the credits or charges (formally known as Postage Due) automatically show up on the account of the label purchaser. There's often a delay of several weeks.

https://link.usps.com/2017/10/05/what-is-apv/

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs....

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@jasonolasc_4 wrote:

Overpaying is a possibility and it couldve been that, although I do greatly dispute that I overpaid given the box. Probably an error on eBay's part.

eBay displays USPS label costs base on the data inputted. an "eBay error" is unlikely.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Are they perhaps refunding sales tax charged on shipping?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I got one also on Jan. 16th. for 30 cents. It says "ebay incidental reimbursement credit" 

I have no idea what it was for, the only thing I can think of, since it is for 30 cents, perhaps they double charged the 30 cent processing fee on an order I shipped.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

This thread is 3.5 years old 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 16
latest reply