cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question from bidders

Howdy!  I had a question from a buyer and responded.  However, I checked the box that said to "show the question on the auction for other bidders".   It did not show up on that auction,  even though I checked that box to do so.  Is it a glitch,  or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Question from bidders

Just a buyers insight here...

I do not like having any question I ask the seller being posted for everyone to see.

I have never consented for such messages to be openly published.

The worst of it can be when a seller adds your user ID in a reply that they post up !

After the first few incidents of Q&A posted up, I now;

* specifically ask that the question is NOT posted,

* or more likely I resist asking any question at all, 

* or post just 4 words - "Tell all sizes, please."

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

If you give us an item number, someone will find your listing and double check to see if we can see your Q&A. 

• It could be delayed before it appears?
  • Sometimes when you are signed in you can not see everything?
  • Maybe clear your cache files and reboot your browser

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

I think eBay changed it a while ago, because I had noticed the same thing.  Maybe it's because of that issue of the potential buyer's information being posted.  In any case, you can revise the listing to add any missing information. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

I don't think the Q&A has ever shown up if it would be posted in the last 12 hours.

Count me as another buyer who hates it when sellers post my question. It smacks of using the buyer to advertise to other buyers. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

Does the ebay name  appear when the question is posted by the seller for the others to see?

As far as I know,  only the question appears.  I may be mistaken but I've replied to questions before.  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

@citrine146 wrote:

Does the ebay name  appear when the question is posted by the seller for the others to see?

Not unless the seller replies addressing the buyer as the ID name.

Yes, some people really are that thick.

And what chance do you have to report that effectively?   None.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

Possibly Ebay removed it, possibly it is a glitch, possibly the seller involved simply doesn't know if/how they can post an answer, if they can still do this.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

Just researched this and according to a responder on this thread, link below, they removed it, possibly in 2017.  Another poster said that it may have disappeared when the Seller Hub was introduced.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Questions-and-my-answers-not-visible-on-the-listing/t...

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

@Anonymous

could you confirm that it's no longer being posted?  If not, why is the option still there?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

Silly question. This is eBay, where stuff that has hasn't been correct in YEARS is still posted.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

A while back I asked this question and it seems they were located under "contact seller" and "other"...but you could only see them on your own item if you were not signed in. 

So, if you have an item you would like me to look for the question, I could check to see if this is still the case.  As often as ebay changes things, I sure can't guarantee it.  It also isn't a place many would look, so few will ever see posted questions now.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

could you confirm that it's no longer being posted?  If not, why is the option still there?

Hi @dhbookds, happy to clarify! The published questions still appear to buyers who select to ask the seller a question. While they are no longer on the listing itself, this information is made available to buyers who have elected to contact the seller.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Question from bidders

I just had a question and posted it to the listing, so I tested what I posted earlier.  I signed into my second ID and pulled up the listing.  The question was posted where I mentioned earlier---a spot bascially no one would see unless they were looking really hard for it.

@squddle

Message 14 of 14
latest reply