cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about negative feedback removal

I am trying to get a negative feedback removed from ebay that a customer left for an item that was sent damaged. I took responsibility for the mistake and refunded him the money without having him send the item back. I sent him a revision request to have the negative feedback removed and he confirmed he removed it, but it is still there. I asked him if it was ok if I called ebay and have them remove it incase he did something wrong, he said no problem.

Can I call ebay and have them remove the negative feedback for me when the customer agreed to it through messages?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Question about negative feedback removal

@hahchevy  If I were you I'd call ebay CS and say that the customer said he agreed to the feedback revision but the fb is still showing as it was.  Maybe the customer did something wrong with ther revision request?  Also, CS can track the messages between the customer and you.  However, if you are asking CS to remove it simply because decided it's not worth merit then I do not think they will do that.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@hahchevy wrote:

I am trying to get a negative feedback removed from ebay that a customer left for an item that was sent damaged. I took responsibility for the mistake and refunded him the money without having him send the item back. I sent him a revision request to have the negative feedback removed and he confirmed he removed it, but it is still there. I asked him if it was ok if I called ebay and have them remove it incase he did something wrong, he said no problem.

Can I call ebay and have them remove the negative feedback for me when the customer agreed to it through messages?

Yes have them double check to make sure they did not miss it.  And maybe even your buyer woud be wiling to make out another one if this one somehow did not make it through,

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@hahchevy wrote:

I sent him a revision request to have the negative feedback removed and he confirmed he removed it, but it is still there. I asked him if it was ok if I called ebay and have them remove it incase he did something wrong, he said no problem.

There is always the possibility that your buyer is lying to you and did not remove the feedback and does not want to. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@hahchevy wrote:

Chances are pretty good that your buyer did not follow the instructions contained in the email form they received from you for FB revision.  

You could ask them to click into that email again and go through the very short and simple instructions again to see if they can revise the FB.  These emails have a shelf life, so the sooner the better if you are going to request them to do this.

If I were in your postition, I'd call Ebay.  I'd wait until Tuesday to do that as your chances of getting a US rep will be greater after the holiday weekend.  If you decide to call, make sure you bring to their attention about the emails you had with your customer that said they did change it but for whatever reason it isn't changed on your FB page.  That will be very important for them to review.  Without those emails you have no grounds to get the FB removed.  But with them you might.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@hahchevy wrote:

I sent him a revision request to have the negative feedback removed and he confirmed he removed it, but it is still there. I asked him if it was ok if I called ebay and have them remove it incase he did something wrong, he said no problem.

There is always the possibility that your buyer is lying to you and did not remove the feedback and does not want to. 

Why bother lying especially if you are just going to be bugged about it.  I woud have just said "no" or ignored him.

I agree with those who said buyer probably goofed in doin it or a glitch prevented it from going through.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Why bother lying especially if you are just going to be bugged about it.  

Avoiding confrontation is a very common behavior. 

I would have just said "no" or ignored him. 

As would I. But I doubt that all of the millions of buyers on eBay would necessarily do what I would do. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

Why bother lying especially if you are just going to be bugged about it.  

Avoiding confrontation is a very common behavior. 

I would have just said "no" or ignored him. 

As would I. But I doubt that all of the millions of buyers on eBay would necessarily do what I would do. 

All you are doing is postponing it and frustrating the seller who is banging his head against the wall sending you more instructions and feedback revision forms and calling ebay trying to figure out why it is not working.

So I doubt this buyer is trying to avoid confrontation, but he may be having fun playing with this seller.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

So sorry, but If you did not ask the buyer first if he would remove the negative feedback, it is possible he is just telling you what you want to hear, but does not intend to do anything about it.

It's great that you took responsibility and refunded without requiring a return, but to the buyer, that may just make sense.  You can't sell a broken item, and it would be hard to justify your expense to have him return it.  (although some do)

Though sellers often think all is well because they gave a refund, buyer has searched for this item, vetted the seller, the listing, the pictures, feedback, description, measurements, decided if the item fit their needs and they really wanted it, and considered if the price was within their budget and what they would pay for it.  They buy the item, wait for it to arrive...and it's broken.

And you say it was sent damaged, so something went wrong when item was listed.  Refund is not going to make the buyer necessarily feel inclined to remove the negative feedback when it was all just a huge waste of their time.

Not sure what the buyer is doing/thinking here...you can try to get CS to remove it; not sure they will or won't but good luck to you.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Well said!

--Please don't shoot the messenger--
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@kdkk123

Thank you!  Smiley Happyheart

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

It would have been nice for the buyer to just let it go as an honest mistake, but that is not how they saw it, unfortunately.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I called Ebay CS and they told me the revision request expired. I showed them the messages that the customer said it would be ok if ebay removes the negative feedback, but ebay said they are not allowed to remove it still? I am not sure what else I can do to get it removed.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@hahchevy wrote:
I called Ebay CS and they told me the revision request expired. I showed them the messages that the customer said it would be ok if ebay removes the negative feedback, but ebay said they are not allowed to remove it still? I am not sure what else I can do to get it removed.

The only thing that can be done is for your buyer to call Ebay to have it removed or revised.  Other than that, there is no other way for you to manage to change the FB.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 14
latest reply