cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Inform act "new" items

sellers who have sold 200 or more new items totaling more than $5,000 during a 12-consecutive-month period over the last 24 months 

Is "like new" considered...  new ?

Will that trigger ebay system to send out seller information after 200 sales?

Or is "used very good" considered NOT new

Is there any clarification on this, because if we list NOT NEW items we can sell up to $20,000 and over 200 items before it'll trigger sending seller information

The real question does eBay consider like new  as "new"  by the inform act standards...

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@heckofagame wrote:

When you listed items, did you select "new" or "used"? If you selected "used", then it's not listed as new.

You, my friend, are a genius!   😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

When you listed items, did you select "new" or "used"? If you selected "used", then it's not listed as new.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

You, my friend, are a genius!   😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What do you mean by Ebay triggering sending seller information ? Where do you get $20,000 and 200 items from ? Are you talking about paying taxes on sales ?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There is a new law "Informed Consumers  Act" that after so many online sales a person's  complete contact information is to be placed in the advertisement.  eBay dislikes this because it makes it easy to take the sale outside of eBay.  Some sellers don't want this information available and some sellers are OK with it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks. It is a terrible idea and can see why Ebay does not like it either. Why would anyone want all their contact info showing for everyone to see, even those not in a transaction with you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Why would anyone want all their contact info showing for everyone to see, even those not in a transaction with you.

I suspect because it could lead to sales that does not involve eBay.

I believe the reason for the law is combat Copyright Infringement and deter sales of stolen items.  I am sure if a person is selling these items they may not want their address exposed to the world.  In this respect it may help while the seller figures out a new business plan.  

There are certain requirements that have to be met before the information is required to be posted.  I am sure the requirements will be adjusted as results are examined to determine how effective the law is working to achieve its goals.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You can opt out of it if you use your private residence as your business location. They only put the city and state and not the exact address but you have to choose that option. The link is in the notice/announcement that they are sending out. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

"like new" is not new. "used very good" is not new. Only new is new. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

All I see is new, like new, very good good and acceptable

cant seem to even find the word "used"

😂

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

eBay will be sending your name and address to people if you sell more than 200 new items 

Or if you go higher than 20k dollars

Message 11 of 11
latest reply