promotionsmanager-volumeprice.jpg

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Promotions Manager New Option, Volume Price Discount

@johnsonsales-wisconsin wrote:
single

@johnsonsales-wisconsin

Just so we aren't confusing each other, as I'm one that gets confused, when I first set up the VPD, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but clearly I was doing something wrong.  I deleted the sale three times before I personally got it right.

I made sure that I checked the box for item number as it does not default to that.

I put all my listing numbers into and Excel worksheet so I could keep track of them and then I cut and pasted them into the VPD sale.

I ONLY selected listings for one item but I had more than 1 for sale.

My third try was a charm and this worked for me.  I did miss a couple listings, but I'll worry about that in a few days as I've got a few new listings to create.

I look forward to when they give us the ability to edit these sales instead of having to delete them and then create a new one.  But even with that, I really like this tool.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 61 of 81
latest reply

What a colossal waste of time and effort this has been.  It would have been nice if this information was provided in the beginning, or when I called for assistance, or when I called for assistance the second time.  I generally don't bother with these types of promotions as I don't have the patience to filter through all the eBay hype to get to the basics.  Thought this one was different - my mistake.  slight_frown

Message 62 of 81
latest reply

Thanks for all your effort. FINALLY was told, it isn't going to work for me because I only have one item per listing. It doesn't go across listings. 😒
Message 63 of 81
latest reply

Thanks for all your effort. FINALLY was told, it isn't going to work for me because I only have one item per listing. It doesn't go across listings. 😒

I'm sorry.  For those with listings with more than a quantity of 1 this really is a fantastic addition to our sales tools.  It will be even better when you can apply it to variation listings too.

I hope you can find the Markdown manager or some of the other promotions a good fit for you.  I use the Markdown manager from time to time.

Message 64 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Order Discount promos. The tool is much easier to use and is meant for all your singles.

Message 65 of 81
latest reply

It doesn't offer the 3 tiers and it doesn't offer the 50% off FVFs. 

Message 66 of 81
latest reply

Oh my goodness, biggest waste of time ever.  Silly me, I believed what was written.   The message I received regarding this put me on a page that "clarified" that the discount could be used among items, not just multiple quantity listings. Spent the time creating the list of items, making sure those items reflected combined shipping discount, etc. etc.   Took a few hours that I could have spent adding listings.

Only it doesn't work as written!

ebay knows I have only listings with quantity of 1. Why bombard me with reminders to use a tool that doesn't apply and whose help pages are so misleading!!

Was it only that you wanted to sign on with the added legaleze that went with it?

Grrrr!

Message 67 of 81
latest reply

@iamonourside wrote:

Oh my goodness, biggest waste of time ever.  Silly me, I believed what was written.   The message I received regarding this put me on a page that "clarified" that the discount could be used among items, not just multiple quantity listings. Spent the time creating the list of items, making sure those items reflected combined shipping discount, etc. etc.   Took a few hours that I could have spent adding listings.

Only it doesn't work as written!

ebay knows I have only listings with quantity of 1. Why bombard me with reminders to use a tool that doesn't apply and whose help pages are so misleading!!

Was it only that you wanted to sign on with the added legaleze that went with it?

Grrrr!

@iamonourside

I am very sorry this program frustrated you and caused you to lose valuable time, especially at this time of year.  I too feel that the help page on this option could be more clearly written in the First paragraph so that such wastes of time may not occur.

On the help page, under the FAQs, the first item reads:

Which listings can I use Volume pricing on?

Volume pricing can be used on any fixed price listing. The buyer facing treatment will not show, and is not applied, on single quantity or multi-variation items.

https://pages.ebay.com/specialoffers/volumepricing/

IMHO the policy page should start with a paragraph like this.  FYI Ebay has said they will be adding variation listings to this program early next year if that interests you.

Message 68 of 81
latest reply

I have removed that option on listings offering the discount and instead offered about the lowest discount I would give providing they purchase more than 1.
Message 69 of 81
latest reply

Opps, already answered.  

Message 70 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't offer the 3 tiers and it doesn't offer the 50% off FVFs. 

The post linked below from penguinsdontfly explains how to create tiers using Order Discount promos. Can't help you with the FVF discount, sorry.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promotions-Manager-New-Option-Volume-Price-Discount/m-p/290855...

Message 71 of 81
latest reply

Glad I checked here first about the discount. Very disappointed that it doesn't apply to folks doing one-offs. Hopefully someday it will. Think it is a good idea for all sellers to use if so desired.

Message 72 of 81
latest reply

Hello,

Do i need to 

Choose a Store subscription in below which i need to sell in multy buy (promotion)?

• Starter
    $4.95 /mo
    with 1-yr plan* or
    $7.95/mo without
    For sellers who want an entry level solution.
  • Basic
    $21.95 /mo
    with 1-yr plan* or
    $27.95/mo without
    For sellers who want lower selling fees.
  • Premium
    $59.95 /mo
    with 1-yr plan* or
    $74.95/mo without
    For sellers wanting lower listing fees and more business tools.
  • Anchor
    $299.95 /mo
    with 1-yr plan* or
    $349.95/mo without
    For high volume sellers who want lower fees.
  • Enterprise
    $2,999.95 /mo
    with 1-yr plan*
    For sellers with very large catalogs that transact at the highest volumes.
Message 73 of 81
latest reply

i cant find volume pricing upload place ,can anyone tell me where or give me a link 
or maybe ebay cancel bulk update option ?

Message 74 of 81
latest reply

@software_zone729

Yes, a store subscription is needed to access Promotion tools. Do you have permission from the rights owners to sell those software licenses?

Message 75 of 81
latest reply