cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings

On a few of my items I listed with "Promoted Listing."  But I don't see where they show up.  Are "promoted listing" the same as "sponsored listing?"

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Promoted listings

Yes. I think it's the same. I looked at your listings and found none that said promoted. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes. I think it's the same. I looked at your listings and found none that said promoted. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Not sure of the difference but I have started using promoted listing since you only pay the increased fee if the item sells.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@4pj 

Yes, promoted listings and sponsored listings are the same thing.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Promoted listings are promoted at the rate you select. I understand they show up on your competitors listing page. The logo "sponsored seller" shows only if you offer 30 day free returns. I am not an expert at these things but I can say the tool that sends an email to watchers when you drop the price generates immediate sales sometimes and is good. It is good to promote every thing you sell at a moderately low rate, I have tested and it does generate more sales. People are always willing to pay more for quality, at the same time while looking for a bargain.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I tried this marketing tactic for a while but did not notice any difference in sales. I can understand why ebay likes it though. What has worked well are offers sent to watchers! 

I am who I am- those who matter don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply