cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings show first based on which search words???

Question on listing using promoted listings...Let's say I list a pair of  (title) Dockers Pleated Khaki pants men's size 32 x 32.  If a buyer searches for the word "dockers" alone, will my listing come up first? What if they search for dockers khaki? What if they search for pleated dockers khaki 32?  I hope I'm describing my question well. What I'm trying to ask is, ...what does the buyer have to type in to make my promoted listing come up first?? Just one of the key works, 2 of them, all of them? Thanks for any insight.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@freshani wrote:

Question on listing using promoted listings...Let's say I list a pair of  (title) Dockers Pleated Khaki pants men's size 32 x 32.  If a buyer searches for the word "dockers" alone, will my listing come up first? What if they search for dockers khaki? What if they search for pleated dockers khaki 32?  I hope I'm describing my question well. What I'm trying to ask is, ...what does the buyer have to type in to make my promoted listing come up first?? Just one of the key works, 2 of them, all of them? Thanks for any insight.

You can never predict when or where your promoted listing will come up. It is a statistical lottery system that gives your listing a CHANCE to fill one of the promoted lots in a search. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There is no information on how/what order the PL listings are shown..........

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Nobody knows; it's a secret proprietary aglorythem (per eBay)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@freshani wrote:

You can never predict when or where your promoted listing will come up. It is a statistical lottery system that gives your listing a CHANCE to fill one of the promoted lots in a search. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply