cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Views Plummet on 7/16-7/17

Has anyone else noticed their promoted listings impressions/views plummet starting July 16th-17th? I’ve asked a few other sellers and they’ve noticed the same. I’m wondering if this is a widespread issue. 

EB25D081-72B6-466D-BB88-E944E0815DFA.png

Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: Promoted Listings Views Plummet on 7/16-7/17

Mine were about 40% down, may be they are trying to remove the bots impressions.😄

Message 61 of 117
latest reply

Have you noticed any difference in impressions or sales the last few days?

Message 62 of 117
latest reply

Impressions are still down by a lot. I used to average about 125k impressions daily, now I'm averaging about 40k impressions daily. Sales will be ok one day and nonexistent the next, it's like a switch keeps turning on and off. Same with watchers on items, one day I'll have a decent amount of offers to send to watchers, the next day I get little to no watchers on items. Something is going on.

Message 63 of 117
latest reply

Yes, mine have been in the basement for about a week or so.

Message 64 of 117
latest reply

still no response from ebay, PLs are half what they were. kyle@ebay devon@ebay when we going be informed on what the heck is going on? 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 65 of 117
latest reply

Are things selling?  Yes BUT ... 

-Sell through rate is horrible

-In the last 16 months only 2 months have set new dollars sales records ... that means no growth

-Weekend sales are half what they used to be ... and we're talking for over a year now.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 66 of 117
latest reply

Oops ... doesn't look like we're making this stuff up ... 

Screenshot (103).png

Just my opinion but that sign looks like a gravestone ... 

Regards,
Message 67 of 117
latest reply

IMO unless you have a hot item, a luxury item, or a high-ticket item, sponsored ads/promoted listings aint worth it.

Message 68 of 117
latest reply

The economy is going on.  While it still robust people are going elsewhere for their goods.  If it's cheaper on TEMU they buy on that site.  If it's cheaper on Target they go there.  For groceries I'm going to the Dollar Tree and Aldi the two lowest priced groceries in my city.

As for the light going on & off, that's been the MO of EB for decades.  The theory is that they don't have the server capacity for all the activity (like AMZ) and they turn listings/stores on off.

Message 69 of 117
latest reply

@liawrig.nq8rdwqa3 wrote:

The economy is going on.  While it still robust people are going elsewhere for their goods.  If it's cheaper on TEMU they buy on that site.  If it's cheaper on Target they go there.  For groceries I'm going to the Dollar Tree and Aldi the two lowest priced groceries in my city.

As for the light going on & off, that's been the MO of EB for decades.  The theory is that they don't have the server capacity for all the activity (like AMZ) and they turn listings/stores on off.

@liawrig.nq8rdwqa3   Another theory is that they have an over abundance of listings and can suppress huge blocks of them in an effort to scare Sellers in to thinking they have to do SOMETHING!?!  Like slash prices, double their PLS ad rates, etc.  For the categories I sell in I can confirm it is not the economy ... if it were I would have a surplus of inventory acquired at an extremely low cost and wouldn't be having this pleasant conversation ... 

Regards,
Message 70 of 117
latest reply

28.5% of my listings have 0 Views in the last 30 days

17.6 % of my listings have 1 View in the last 30 days

9.6 % of my listings have 2 Views in the last 30 days

That makes 55.7% of my listings have virtually no Views ... not good ... 

Regards,
Message 71 of 117
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Hey @mr_lincoln  How did you find those stats?  Or did you figure them out manually?  

My PL impressions are still WAY down.  Around 70K, so they've gone up a bit, but still not at the 90-100K normal. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 72 of 117
latest reply

has anyone seen an actual communication from ebay about the issue of drastically reduced impressions? 

On this Board, the silence from the Community Team has been deafening.

Message 73 of 117
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Hey @mr_lincoln  How did you find those stats?  Or did you figure them out manually?  

My PL impressions are still WAY down.  Around 70K, so they've gone up a bit, but still not at the 90-100K normal. 

@simply-the-best-for-you   I calculated them ... I set my Active list on 50 per page and did the math.  My account is in the Post PLS Suppression phase where eBay buries or hides my listings as punishment for not using the Continuous setting on the PLS campaign .... prior to 2022 the suppression period lasted 7-10 days ... in 2022 it changed, it's like way longer now.  My PLS ended on the 17th ... this is day 11, 2 BIN sales since last weekend ... it's pretty pathetic to be honest, I am also confident that it is intentional.  

Regards,
Message 74 of 117
latest reply

Dpown 50 % stating on 17th

Message 75 of 117
latest reply