cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prohibited Listing

My girlfriend started an ebay account a week ago selling monopoly go stickers or you can call it digital trading cards of monopoly go. She was hit with a suspension of account due to Prohibited item listings but all along she had only listed Monopoly Go Stickers. She called up ebay and was told that she would not be able to appeal as they deem her account as high risk? She only had positive feedback and no negative feedback/disputes raised before. Any idea what is going on is listing of monopoly go cards against their policies? I read through their policies and couldn't find anything on this. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prohibited Listing

Digital good are usually not allowed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

EBay doesn't factor in feedback when suspending a seller. Have her take a look at her seller metrics in seller hub. All of the following should be 0 except for the shipping metric. If these all look good then see if there are any specifics in the notification she received from eBay. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1700739183833.png

The design of "Monopoly" parts/pieces, etc. is trademarked and copyrighted so if the items she was selling are not made by Parker Brothers or Hasbro then that may be the reason for the suspension. A picture or copy of her listing would help. Kind of guessing without one. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Hi, there yes just checked and her seller metrics is exactly like the one you shown. A sample of her listing would look like this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/386308121103

She was rated "above standard" for seller level.

Other sellers are also listing the same way so she is not sure why she got suspended. The customer service personnel did not reveal it and said there was nothing she can do as they deem her as high risk.

She sold close to 250 items in a week as well with selling limits of 340 if this matters.

Also there isn't any messages/email sent to her before the suspension the only email that was sent by Ebay was the suspension email.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Digital good are usually not allowed.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

In that case, does that means she is unfortunate to have been suspended as other sellers are still doing fine? Hmm, I read up on ebay policies and it says that digital trading cards are exempted from the policy though. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Hi, there yes just checked and her seller metrics is exactly like the one you shown. A sample of her listing would look like this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/386308121103

She was rated "above standard" for seller level.

Other sellers are also listing the same way so she is not sure why she got suspended. The customer service personnel did not reveal it and said there was nothing she can do as they deem her as high risk.

She sold close to 250 items in a week as well with selling limits of 340 if this matters.

Also there isn't any messages/email sent to her before the suspension the only email that was sent by Ebay was the suspension email.

I can't see the reference item so you would need to add a screen shot or a link to a similar current active item. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Monopoly Go digital stickers are not digital trading cards.  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

May i know what is considered digital trading cards if that isnt? 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

that link is to a VERY carefully written listing.........first, it's in

No mention of "card" or "digital"...... 

Under shipping.......

Please share the profile invitation after the payment.

We will share the sticker ASAP

So I think they are "skating" by.......

I know NOTHING about this digital game stuff.........but from most posts.....it's not legal to "sell" what you "win"......have no idea if that applies or not......but I would check where she got whatever they are and see if there is a "non resale" clause.........

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Neither you or your wife owns the items you are selling and you don't have the rights to sell them.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I'm not well versed on digital trading cards but I looked at your listings, which I understand may not be the same as what hers were.  But looking at yours I see red flags that would make me skeptical.

You are registered in Singapore but say shipping from Portland Oregon.

You have a photo that is nothing more than a copy of several others same photo. 

Selling a product that is digital which means nothing physical exist. 

Your price undercuts everyone else's price. 

Selling history that is 2 months old. 

Again I'm not well versed on the digital card market at all. But these are the type of things that eBay looks at when checking for risk. We are all held to Strick performance standards and are all watched quite closely now a days. Any one of us can be suspended at any time. What has been happening as of late with a lot of sellers has been a request of receipts for the merchandise we are selling. I have noticed that people who are using stock photos seem to get this type of request often. 

Newer sellers and people who have taken a extended break in selling activities are watched the closest. 

eBay has made a lot of changes in the past year, the biggest being AI technology. So we are being analyzed   by a computer. No human even looks any more, thus they can't tell you why you were suspended because they won't know. She was suspended by a bot. So the examples I give are just what I see and that doesn't mean they are the reasons. The other thing is that Business has been really slow for most sellers in the past year. So another red flag will be selling 250 of anything in a week in all honesty. It will sort of raise you to the top of any list. Good or Bad. But the one thing that is certain is eBay reserves the right to eliminate any of us at any time. We are all at a at will employment status. Fighting it will be nothing more than a waste of your time and make you all the more frustrated. It's really not worth it. If you have a product that will sell like you say, just take it somewhere else. Then its eBays loss. We all have to play by eBay rules, like them or not. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

You do not own the legal right to sell the games virtual items ...therefore you can NOT sell those items

ANYWHERE .

https://www.scopely.com/en/legal?id=tos&langSection=en#section-3

Virtual Items have no real-world value. Other than as expressly authorized in our Services, you may not sell, redeem, or otherwise transfer Virtual Items to any person or entity, including but not limited to Scopely, another user, or any third party.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@pinkiecupcake wrote:

In that case, does that means she is unfortunate to have been suspended as other sellers are still doing fine? Hmm, I read up on ebay policies and it says that digital trading cards are exempted from the policy though. 

YOURS are still  listed.  HERS were listed  until they were pulled.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Digital trading cards are officially released digital cards such as sports or trading card games cards. Those were a thing for a hot minute during the NFT craze but are pretty much worthless now.

Your wife’s listings were reported, that’s why she was suspended and others are not. If you feel petty, feel free to report those listings as well.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply