cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably best to wait for tax return season to sell

Sales are low. I have more items listed than ever. Part of that is going to be due to other sellers who may value their time less than me. The quality of buyers Ebay has helped attract.... not good in my opinion. Anyone else just feel like putting time away settings on until late January? I sell automotive parts and just kind of picture many people not having as much money these next couple months. Sometimes a recession is self-fulfilling. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Probably best to wait for tax return season to sell

Totally your call of course, but you can't sell what people can't see............

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"The quality of buyers eBay has helped attract . . ."?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@caseypl wrote:

Sales are low. I have more items listed than ever. Part of that is going to be due to other sellers who may value their time less than me. The quality of buyers Ebay has helped attract.... not good in my opinion. Anyone else just feel like putting time away settings on until late January? I sell automotive parts and just kind of picture many people not having as much money these next couple months. Sometimes a recession is self-fulfilling. 

Yes, I think all sellers should stop selling until late January.

Except me.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Except you AND me and maybe a few of our closest eBay friends, but limited to those whose items aren't in competition with ours, right?  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Keep listing. You can't get sales for items not listed. There is someone that needs that part now.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Anyone else just feel like putting time away settings on until late January?

If your complaint is that nothing you have already listed is selling, I fail to see why putting your store on 'time away' would make any sense.

Sometimes a recession is self-fulfilling.

Responding to "no sales" by not selling is also self-fulfilling.

Probably best to wait for tax return season to sell

I think people vastly over-estimate the effect of 'tax return season' ... or 'summer slump'  or 'back to school' or 'holidays season'.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply